Keeping it Light Today
A few pop culture ramblings to lighten up the mood 'round here...
Prison Break keeps getting better and better. Now that the convicts are over the wall, there is a huge cash reward for their hides, and all of America is in on the hunt—it’s all very Running Man. William Fichtner is a great addition to the cast as intelligent, relentless FBI Agent Mahone. If you haven't been watching, rent the DVDs (would be a smashing way to spend the upcoming cold winter nights).
Did anyone else watch the Amazing Race premiere? It is one of the two reality shows I allow myself (the other one being So You Think You Can Dance). This promises to be another great season. They started off in Beijing. As always, there are plenty of people to make fun of: the drug addicts turned models; Ms. New York and Ms. LA. I (and many others, I’m sure) will be rooting for Sarah, who scaled the Great Wall of China with a prosthetic leg. Go, Sarah!
Meme: My all-time 10 best TV characters
1. Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: As Bub and Pie says, “oh yes.”
2. Michael Scofield, Prison Break: Smart, sexy, sincere.
3. Doug Ross, ER: Suave, sexy surgeon. I like.
4. Nate Fischer, Six Feet Under: I love complicated characters.
5. Tommy Gavin, Rescue Me: Complicated and a firefighter! ‘Nuff said.
6. Jenny Shecter, The L-Word: Just love watching this train wreck.
7. Karen Walker, Will and Grace: Crazy lush. Love her.
8. Ruth Fischer, Six Feet Under: Slut.
9. Samantha Jones, Sex and the City: Slut.
10. Amanda Woodward, Melrose Place: Slut Bitch! You go girl!
I tag and Crazy Mumma and Penelope.
Labels: flotsam and jetsam