metro mama

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Once More, With Feeling

Yesterday at the drop-in we were singing a version of “five little ducks”.

“Five little ducks went swimming one day…” I sang, merrily and loudly as I always do.

I carried on, and fewer and fewer ducks came back as the song progressed. I became a little distracted from the tedious song with my thoughts, like what Keats meant by beauty is truth and truth beauty.

Okay, I was really thinking about Grey’s Anatomy.

Finally the song came to its conclusion and I sang it with gusto:

“And the five little fucks, they all came back.”

Oops.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger crazymumma said...

...thats probably how your were feeling.

hilarious. I would have wanted to be your friend immediately!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, that was funny!

10:21 AM  
Blogger ewe are here said...

Considering this is a song I sing fairly often these days, I think it might be nice to have an alternative version...

heh heh

10:26 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I love your version! Consider it one of those moments when your subconscious took over to say what you really thought. :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

nice!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I like your version better!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Hehehe. Ah, the ol' Freudian slip. Good times, good times.

7:40 PM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

You did not!
Did you get evil stares?

12:09 AM  
Blogger metro mama said...

Actually, a couple of grins!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Well, I would have been laughing, that's for sure. It's what I would have wanted to sing, if I had the guts. You go girl!

11:17 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Now that's a rock and roll sing a long! hee hee

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.