metro mama

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Interrupting the Whine Fest

I’ve been a little stressed lately, and I’ve been taking it out in the tone of my blog--I’m usually not one to bitch and moan so much. So, here’s a little sweet to counteract the sour.

I’m a little late, but I have a cute Valentine’s day pic to share. McHotty did well for his girls—he made us a chocolate brownie cake, which made both of us very, very happy. He made someone even happier with her own Dora Valentine—with stickers!



I was clutching my heart too.

In other news, we made another attempt at a civil dinner with the couple across the street (their toddler is almost the same age as Cakes). This sortie was most successful. We were able to actually eat dinner at a reasonable hour, instead of 4:00. We actually relaxed and had a beer in the living room after dinner, while the girls had a tea party.



This gig is actually getting easier! I never thought I’d see the day.

14 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Aw! Look how happy she is!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Betsy Mae said...

She is beautiful...awww. Yeah, the gig gets easier...but it still has it's moments. Just gotta savour the good.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

this gig IS getting easier, i was just thinking that myself.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

She's so precious!

3:11 AM  
Blogger Jer said...

I know others have already said it but, awwww, she's too cute!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

She is just stunning! What a cutie.

10:43 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

She's reeling you in for the sucker punch, lady. It keeps getting easier, then harder, then easier, then harder. Just to keep us on our toes.

And ours got a nauseating Barbie card that made her week. Nice job, Misterpie.

2:43 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

C to the UTE!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Gabriella said...

Laughing at KP's comment, it's so true...I'm not saying a word about anything as I don't need to jinx anything.
Cakes is a cutie!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

It is great when the kids will actually play together and the adults can just relax and actually talk...bliss. Sweet photos.

11:36 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Okay, wait. When did Cakes get so BIG?!

7:26 PM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

Oh, look at those curls.

And it gets easier? Really?

(Holding breath in anticipation.)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Cakes is a doll!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Urban Daddy said...

Cute pictures...

Who eats dinner at 4pm? Unless you forgot to make reservations for a restuarant for Valentines day and all they have left is 4pm, or 10pm. You "pretend" you wanted an early dinner, then are forced to buy theatre tickets for a 6pm show so you don't look like a procrastinator...

... I'm just guessing...

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.