metro mama

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Trust

Cakes loves to climb lately. I follow her around, with arms outstretched, allowing her to scale stairs, furniture, you name it. She has developed a new habit--once she reaches her summit, she closes her eyes, smiles, and does a swan dive, knowing I will be there to catch her.

I love the fact that she trusts me enough to do this. I’m glad she is brave.

I hope her trust will always be in the right hands.

I hope she will always know I am here for her.

With arms outstretched.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger motherbumper said...

right now her trust is in the best hands ever... what a beautiful girl

7:29 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

as bumblebee is going through the exact same stuff right now, i too have been inspired to write about trust. but my post has gotten so long-winded that i've put it in the 'edit' pile and will revisit it when i'm not feeling so sentimental. you've said it well, and in a hundred words or less, even. (you were too busy watching 'so you think you can dance', weren't you?)

9:14 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Stop putting such cute pics on your blog, you might get me pregnant again!!!!!!!

Anne

9:42 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Cakes is beautiful! What an adorable picture.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.