metro mama

Monday, July 30, 2007

Are You Sick of Hearing About BlogHer Yet?

For those who didn’t go, I apologize for going on and on, but I promised I’d dish. This will be the last post.

I skipped out of most of day 2 at the conference in favour of socializing and a nice long nap. I didn’t know how I was going to make it through another evening of partying, but I was revived by the free cocktails:



We yelled at the DJ until he played 80’s music for us, then we got pretty serious on the dance floor (I do hope there’s no video). Izzy’s fanny pack made reappearance:



There was a lot of groping, kissing, and group shots:



After the official party we carried on at the W. I finally got to spend a little time with jen (tho’s it wasn’t nearly enough). She is everything I expected her to be and more. I don’t have the words. I saw Redneck Mommy’s breasts, and let me tell you, they’re absolutely fabulous. She is an outrageous, beautiful, incredibly funny woman. Oh how I wish she didn’t live across the country.

The weekend exceeded my expectations by far. I did not expect to feel so comfortable and have such a blast. I met so many incredible new women, my bloglines is going to be out of control. And I can’t tell you how much I love my Toronto pals, with whom I shared a giddy, hilarious, surreal ride home.

I nearly quit blogging about a month ago, and I have to say I’m now feeling renewed and inspired. I saw how women are being empowered by blogging, and I have a new appreciation for just how much power we really have.

There is so much opportunity here. Let’s embrace it. Let’s not apologize for it.

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger moosh in indy. said...

Oh there's video. Several at least.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you. Even though you post drunken photos of me :)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

not NEARLY enough, but thank god for that final night. it was an honor (and a riot) love you.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

dude, it was SO FREAKING NICE to meet you! :)

I'm so glad you Canucks were such a hot band of naughties. it was fabulous x awesome.

which equals you. :)

xoxo Debbie

3:16 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

I'm in even more awe of you. I'm jealous that through your insomnia, you always looked super hot and were able to write updates the whole time! I could never keep up.

3:23 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

A smidge giddy, you say? That ride was ridiculous. I can't believe we didn't go right off the road! It was like we were high off the cookies.

I had such a great time - so glad I came and I love you MBT girls more than ever now. Wanna come live with me?

5:40 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

Ah! Don't make this the last post on the account of chumps like me - I am loving hearing about everything, and I am so not surprised that everybody is as awesome as I imagined. (And I've had the honour of partying with you before, so I know how much fun was had.) Happy time = good reading. Welcome home.

5:46 PM  
Blogger QT said...

You Canadians pretty much took everything over the last night. It was so nice to meet you even tho it was brief...

6:23 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

We all need to plan another meetup at some point, because I did NOT get to hang out with you enough!

Maybe MBT can host a welcome party for the stateside women to party in Toronto for a weekend?

9:32 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Party in Toronto sounds like a good idea to me! Glad you had fun.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you had a great time, got free drinks, and are back into blogging!

10:16 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Did you say FREE cocktails?
No wonder the breasts came out.
I would have been happy just to meet her.

11:40 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I am loving reading all the stories, and so happy to have found yours!

I'm glad you kept writing.

Carrie

12:58 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Teehee! I was so glad to meet you, and when I just saw that photo of the oh-oh-the-bar's-closing-stock-up cocktail table, I felt a little woozy all over again. Gahhhh, drank too much, harassed the DJ. He had it coming though--he was so not rocking the clearly 80s vibe.

What fun! I hope I don't have to go to Chicago to see you again. MiniBlogHer in the T-dot, man!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Ooh, I can't wait to hear about the ride home. And it was so great meeting you and the rest of the MBT crew, and not just for your dark chocolate Aeros.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

It was great to meet you & the MBT gang. It sounds like night 2 was really something!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Amie Adams said...

I loved the opportunity we had to sit and talk about Hot & Bothered. I wish I had had the chance to find you earlier.

I'm still considering your offer. I'm trying to think of a topic.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My God I am cracking up over here.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Bravo for this, my sweet twatty friend. Bravo.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I am so bummed because I didn't get to meet you at all! Bah. I guess there's always next year, yes?

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.