metro mama

Friday, July 20, 2007

Things You Should Know, Pre-BlogHer

Mrs. Chicky wants to know a little more about we Canucks before we meet next week at BlogHer. Well, I can’t say no to this chicky. I’ve already revealed quite a lot on this blog (you might say too much), but here’s a few things, disclaimers if you will, that perhaps you should be aware of before we meet:

· I’m rather klutzy. If I dare wear heels (and I’ll probably just end up wearing flip-flops all weekend) you’ll see me stumble over them at least once. If I’m chatting away and I have spinach between my teeth, or suspicious stains down my front, please speak up.

· The number of f-bombs in my sentences steadily increases in proportion to the number of glasses of wine I’ve drunk.

· My volume steadily increases in proportion to the number of glasses of wine I’ve drunk.

· Don’t take me anywhere near a karaoke machine.

· I will probably quickly lose track of who I’ve met and haven’t met and want to meet, and don’t even get me started on names. When I’ve introduced myself to you for the third time, please just ignore me.

· I’m a little behind in my blog reading lately, so please forgive me for not knowing what the hell’s going on, or asking you a question about something you just wrote about.

· If it’s 3 am and I’m suggesting more drinks, please tell me to go to bed.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger cinnamon gurl said...

Ok, that's the first post that makes me really want to go to blogher. You sound like a blast. Have fun!

7:36 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

3 AM is a great time for drinks!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

KAROKE! Oh, how I love karoke. And how the people around me fear it.

8:26 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

this just makes me even sadder that i'm not going. personally, i love party mode metro.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

psst- can I have your phone number?

3:07 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

PLEASE say that we can go out drinking once I'm no longer pregnant?! We sound very similar under the influence.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Honey, you and I will get along just fine. We'll stumble along together at 3am with our high heels flung over our shoulders (because high heels when drunk is a really dangerous idea, especially for two women who should never wear heels) trying to get everyone else to drink some more. I think perhaps we should hire some babysitters for ourselves.

6:47 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

farck. I want to go with you. I already know the demon you become. and I like her.

7:13 PM  
Blogger myredwagon said...

have a blast....drink, karaoke and be merry....then tell us all the funny details when you get home!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I never wear heels. Like you, I'm a total klutz. You'll see me at BlogHer only wearing flats.

10:13 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

I was thinking you should print the suggestions on your T-shirt but realise it will be more fun if you don't.
Have an amazing time. I am soooo Jealous.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

dude. you better remember my name or i'll force extra drinks down that trap of yours after 3am.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart Metro. Can't wait to see the other side of 3am with ya in Chicago.

I am havin a hard time writing this one myself. Love yours

8:11 AM  
Blogger motherbumper said...

Thank God I won't be the only f**kin' drunk dropping Fbombs left right and centre - sure hope those other bloggers don't have sensitive ears or dispositions because they will be shattered after they hear us.

this is going to be so much f**kin' fun.

9:08 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Okay, well I may be your ideal roomie, since I tend to keep pretty sane even after downing drinks, so I'm good at holding back hair and putting drunks to bed with a bucket and a cup of water. As long as you don't sing ALL night long, we are going to have a blast, the SIX of us!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee can't. wait.

And I bought a pair of wedges which I guarantee will give me blisters and then I'll have to ditch them.

3:18 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Karaoke -- me too! We should totally bust out duets. ;)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.