metro mama

Monday, July 16, 2007

Push and Pull

I love my family, but sometimes I just can’t get away from them soon enough. Take this morning for example. I knew I’d just have Cakes until noon as I had an afternoon class. But I was tired, PMSing, and stressing about my coursework. Cakes was picking up on my mood and was not at her best. I took her to the park, where I continued to be pissy and bored. I rushed her back home a little earlier than necessary to get ready to go. I barely said hello to McHotty and couldn’t get out the door fast enough.

Do you have these days? The funny thing is, a few hours later I was sitting in a cold, air-conditioned classroom being bored by a presentation, wishing I was at the park with Cakes. I made it home a little earlier than usual and could have gone for a latte or done a little shopping, but instead I came straight home. Walking down the street, I saw McHotty and Cakes in the distance, hand in hand, returning home. I quickened my step to catch up to them.

***


I have no ambivalence about leaving my family next week for a road trip to BlogHer with some of my favourite pals (just nine more sleeps!). Check out our Eco Trippin’ page and leave us your green travel suggestions.

Speaking of the road trip, do you think it'd be better to drive to Chicago via Sarnia or Windsor? Would you rather spend the night in Kalamazoo (yes, the Kalamazoo of which Johnny Cash sings)where there are five breweries, or Frankenmuth, where there's a FUDGE factory? Decisions, decisions.

One more thing: have you taken the BlogHers Act Canada survey yet? I'm voting for Child Poverty (check out today's editorial in the Toronto Star about child poverty in Ontario here).

You have until July 22. Get over there and make your voice heard!



Okay I lied, there’s still one more thing: Racy’s back at Hot and Bothered and she’s chatting about taking it up the ass. Go on over. I know you want to.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked this post... I think we all go through this... you made me smile at the end of the post where you said you say McHotty and Cakes walking hand in hand and you quickened your step to catch up!! Love it!!
I really love your blog!!
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls

9:16 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

oh...i know those days, sometimes just getting away for a bit makes it all better.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

that road trip sounds absolutely divine.

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SO know those days.

All the more reason that my fingers and toes and eyes are crossed that I can go on the eco trip!!!!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

Fudge.... or beer? What a cruel choice.
I'm often bored and sulky and unsure of what I'd rather be doing.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I say fudge. Good fudge is hard to come by but you can always find beer.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

I am like that all the time. I am trying to find a way to be happy in the moment. It's harder than it sounds!

Oh, and...FUDGE! Not even a question.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Gabriella said...

yes it's a catch 22 situation these little ones do with us. You want to run away sometimes but then you want to run right back.
Oh and I'd pick the fudge for sure!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Given a choice, I'd go with the breweries. Drive safely and bring me back some beer, pleez.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

I have that day EVERY DAY.

(And? FUDGE. No question.)

7:08 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

I feel this, oh yes. I am trying harder to remember she's growing and I should hold on while I can. I'm feeling a bit maudlin these days as she morphs even further.

I'm getting a bit bored of the park, though, and I wonder if she is too, so I think I might need a better outing this weekend.

And me? I'm going to post soon about how I am TOTALLY ambivalent about the trip. It's starting to hit me. I know I'll have a great time, but I hate the thought of leaving Pumpkinpie for so long, and I'll miss them both. sigh.

And may I add - beer.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fudge makes me itch, so I'd go with the beer run, sugar.

I'm totally itching about BlogHer though. So nervous. I'm gonna be covered in hives!!

1:28 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

*waving my hand in the air madly* I HAVE THOSE DAYS!

And thanks for the reminder. I just voted.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! I mentioned Kalamazoo in a recent post, too! We're going to cross at Sarnia.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.