metro mama

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Room Without a View

* SYTYCD update below

For the past few weeks, the number of books in this house has been steadily increasing, to the point where I was going a little crazy. There were books on the kitchen counter…



Tripping hazards up the stairs…



An incredible number of books under the bed…



Every single time, the book I needed at the moment was in the location furthest from me, and of course, the last place I looked.

As well, my computer would be on the dining room table, but my DSL modem in the third floor bedroom and the neighbours’ wireless I’m poaching not available exactly when I need dictionary.com or wikipedia.

I couldn’t take it anymore, so I finally got it together. I bought myself a fab new office chair and I took over the guest room. Ta da!



Sooo much better. And, note the new blind. It not only keeps out the sun in the morning, but it will also help prevent me from being distracted by the “colourful” folks across the street. An example: two nights ago I had just gone to bed when I heard the most terrible racket outside. I looked out the window and, I shit you not, there was a woman trying to break down the door across the street with an axe! The saddest part is, I didn’t even bat an eye. I made some popcorn and popped a beer. When McHotty came home the next day from work I told him about it and his reaction was, “shit, I always miss the best stuff”.

Who needs cable?

***

SYTYCD (Spoiler alert!)

I am shocked, SHOCKED they let Shauna go. She was one of my faves. For fuck sakes.

I'm happy the Pasha/Sara pairing is working so nicely, I really like those two.

Where does Anya get the hideous outfits?

Who else thinks Jaimie should've gone home instead of Shauna?

***

Looking for Sunshine Scribe's new digs? You can find her here. Go on over and take her a potted plant.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

i love your new creating space. the sun, the chair, the clean shine of the desk.

great things are coming.

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your new room!

I don't know where Anya's hideous outfits come from?!?! But I have to say I wasn't sad to see Shauna go - I didn't like either her or Jamie. I'm bad.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

I wasn't sorry about Shauna, although I didn't hate her. Great new office!

7:52 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

awesome chair!
i only saw the results show, but i wasn't too disappointed - i gotta say, i'm not really attached to anyone this season.

8:18 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

There was some weirdness going on the night I locked myself out of your house, too. (Part of why I was so insistent about getting back in!)

How great to have a proper workspace. It can make such a difference. Yay!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anya looked better as a blonde I thought...

But I have to disagree with you...I was glad to see Shauna go. She bugged me. Her nasty blonde roots drove me batty.

(I know...how shallow!)

LOL!

I want Jaimie gone next.

And poor Cedric. Totally picked on. Somehow it was the fact that he made it into the top ten was lost sight of....Kudos to you Cedric.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

I love it when cool stuff like that happens in the neighbourhood. It's usually the highlight of my day.

We're still trying to decide where the office should go, now that we need a second bedroom. Ideas?

1:54 PM  
Blogger Gabriella said...

I love the color of that chair!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Blog said...

Your new room is GORJ! Love how neat and ordered it is. Even if there are books all over the rest of your house! Love that, too, though! And, isn't that just what happens when you're in grad school -- books EVERYWHERE.

And, YES, Jaimie should've gone home in stead of Shauna. FOR SURE.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Day-um. An ax? I want to come live in your neighborhood.

8:24 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Wow, that is such a calm looking space. I love it!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your office space. I've been thinking about creating a space of my own for writing and crafting and thinking -- you have definitely provided me with some inspiration!

8:53 AM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

I don't know how you get all that reading done..wow.

oh and yes, what's up with Anya's outfits? baaad.
I actually thought she would be the one to go.
That show is seriously too fun this season.
I'm loving it.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

You don't wanna see my bookcase! Eeeek!

7:24 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

An axe? They cannot even make up stuff that good on cable.

I love books on the stairs but yes, they are a hazard.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]ENTER ON SOFTWARE PORTAL[/url][/color][/size]

[size=46][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]DOWNLOAD SOFT![/url][/color][/size]

[img]http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4762671/2/istockphoto_4762671-software-box.jpg[/img]

[size=46][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]OEM SOFTWARE[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][b]Cheap lixTatialf software programm to [/b][/size]
[size=72][b]Online lixTatialf software programm Mac OS[/b][/size]
[size=72][b]Load lixTatialf soft programms to Mac OS x[/b][/size]

http://www.google.com/

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.