What You Don't Know
Bub and Pie and Cinnamon Girl have both tagged me for this meme, so I thought I’d better do it! Here are eight things (I think) you don’t know about me:
1. I am a wicked driver. When Ontario briefly had photo radar in the nineties I accumulated three tickets in one month. I have buried the needle of my speedometer. I was in three car accidents before I was twenty. These days I am pretty much reformed though (I don’t want to scare the poor ladies who are driving to Blogher with me).
2. I get very nervous prior to any kind of speaking in public. I can pull it together and do a good job, but I have to hide my hands as they shake.
3. I flew for the first time at twenty-eight.
4. I never wanted to move to the city. McHotty and I were living in Peterborough when we met. He joined Toronto Fire about a year later. I’d tried a long-distance relationship before and knew how much they suck; at the very same time, I was laid off from my job. So, I had no excuse not to move, but I came here with much trepidation. Just look how well it turned out.
5. The relationship between my mother and I grew so difficult in my teens I went and lived with my grandparents for a couple of years.
6. Along the same vein, I was suspended from high school three times (twice for skipping, once for consuming alcohol on the premises).
7. I took ballet for years and dreamt of being a ballerina. I still dream of being a dancer. When I finish my MA I’m signing up for hip-hop.
8. I’m very exciting about this. Please check it out! We want to hear from you. Let’s Act!