metro mama

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Parenting Styles, Part Deux

I’ve told you before about McHotty’s laid back parenting style. How he gets through the grocery shopping by letting Cakes eat whole, unwashed grapes. Well, nothing’s changed. They returned from shopping yesterday and we had the following conversation:

MM: Hi guys, how’d the shopping go?

C: Buddy!

MH: Fine, she’s really good. You just have to be fast.

MM: Did you remember the snacks? I forgot to restock the diaper bag.

C: Buddy, please cracker?

MH: I didn’t bring the diaper bag.

MM: [afraid to ask] Did you let her eat grapes again?

MH: No, she ate green pepper this time.

C: mmmmm!

MM: Did you pay for it?

MH: [indignant] Yes, we did. I took it from Cakes and gave it to the cashier. She scanned it and gave it back. No problem.

M: [incredulous] She scanned a half-eaten green pepper covered in drool?

MH: [puzzled look] Yeah.

C: Buddy, please cracker?

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Cashiers are pretty unflappable. We've handed them some nasty stuff.
Be careful with the grapes, okay? A two year old locally choked to death on one a few weeks ago and it's been all over the news ever since, scaring the crap out of me.

6:58 AM  
Blogger SciFi Dad said...

And...

The over/under for how long between the time Metro reads the above comment and the time she grabs McH and says, "See! See! I told you I'm not crazy!" has been set at 25s by Vegas.

7:57 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

I don't think I've gone shopping without Bee since she was born (ok, maybe a couple of times). The trick? First stop - the muffins. Let her pick her own and don't give it to her until she's strapped into the seat. And then be fast.
Tho a green pepper is way healthier...

7:57 AM  
Blogger moplans said...

I always say being a dad is the better job.
Imagine the look we would get for that?

8:18 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Your daughter is so funny...

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You three crack me up

9:15 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Okay, a bit ew on the behalf of the cashier, but as for giving her something to gnaw on, I say whatever works, as long as it's being paid for anyhow. Pumpkinpie was getting apples for a while there with Misterpie.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

hey buddy. at least she's eating green vegetables.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

If the Boy did the same, I would be torn between "you can't eat that before we pay for it" and "you WANT to eat a vegetable??" I think the latter would win. I'm that desperate.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Ha! I can just imagine the cashier scanning the drooly pepper! Too bad you didn't buy them by the kg!

10:44 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Yah, there is no teaching men. I think maybe I'll just need to learn a trick or two from them.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.