metro mama

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

No Faith

I'll be the first one to admit, I have few strengths in the kitchen (besides opening a bottle of wine, which I can do in less than 10 seconds). McHotty does most of our cooking, and on the days he's on shift, Cakes and I eat a lot of pasta.

Luckily, Cakes is not a fussy eater. She prefers things raw to cooked, and she doesn't like her foods mixed. She's happy to eat some roast chicken, brown rice, and cherry tomatoes for dinner several nights a week.

So, it's no surprise that Cakes doesn't have much faith in my culinary abilities. I'm fine with that. But I must admit, it hurt my feelings just a little bit when I went to add the milk to her Kraft Dinner yesterday and she burst into tears and shrieked, "no! no! daddy do it!"

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger cinnamon gurl said...

Yeah, that's gotta sting... but it did make me laugh ;)

8:13 PM  
Blogger motherbumper said...

Hey - cooking is highly overrated... okay.. I'll admit it, I can't really cook much either.

8:18 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

melted cheese on pitas with sliced hotdogs for pepperoni.

He will be eating your dust.

8:48 PM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

Ouch... they know how to hit your soft spot, eh?

8:54 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Do what I do these days - prepared meals from the supermarket. Chicky complimented me on the great meatballs I "made" tonight. Yeah, i'm great at warming things in the oven.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Tania said...

I can relate to this from Cake's perspective. My mom screwed up every box of KD that she ever made for me when I was little. I would ask daddy to do it too.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

I'm no cook at all, Thankfully the Boy hasn't noticed yet.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

Hahahahaahah.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Don't feel bad. I am the SAME way, except, my kids do trust me with the KD....but that is where we ALL draw the culinary line. LOL.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

HA - that's good actually. If only you could train her to scream for her daddy when she needs a diaper change.

10:49 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

On nights when Misterpie is out, we usually eat at Swiss Chalet... or we have pasta/soup/leftovers. Sad, but true.

12:54 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

LOL!
(sorry. but mch really is a good cook.)

4:17 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Thanks for the smile!
Seems particularly cruel to question your KD making abilities.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would sting a little:) But we can't be great at everything.

9:04 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Yeah, that would hurt my feelings a bit too. But then again, my claim to fame is making the perfect pot of Kraft Dinner.

I don't get out much.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.