metro mama

Monday, May 05, 2008

Buongiorno!

I cannot believe it is May already. Spring has been a whirlwind.

Last week was my first sales conference for work, an exhausting but exhilarating experience. Have I told you how much I love the publishing biz? For sales conference, all the sales reps come to town, and along with publishers, editorial staff, marketing and publicity, we talk about the fall titles for a whole week. Holy shit, are there a lot of titles. I had a stack of spreadsheets, and I circled each book I want to make sure I read--I must have a hundred by now. A couple of highlights for me: David Bergen’s new novel and Broken, by Daniel Clay (this is being comped to Lullabies for Little Criminals). So I’m busily working on the Bronte’s now, for my summer course, to clear the plate for fall.

Sales conference also brings parties. I had a great time, and got to know people better, but I was wiped after two nights out in a row. I had to have a quiet weekend to detox before we leave for Italy.

Have I mentioned Italy lately? We leave tomorrow! I still haven’t listened to my CD that is supposed to teach me Italian in an hour. But I know the most important words: vino rosso, per favore! Grazie!

I’m going to try to give you updates on the trip like I did last year. But you know how McHotty feels about that. But I’m stealthy.

In case you don’t hear from me for a little while, be well everyone. I will take lots of pics to post on my return.

Arrivederci!

11 Comments:

Blogger cinnamon gurl said...

Ooh have a great time! I'm pretty sure Italy is next on my list.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Damn, stil so SO jealous! Have a great time.

2:19 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Ooh! lucky girl! am fully jealous. i am looking forward to the first one-night grandparents' house sleepover so I can go out for an evening! Have a great time, J.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

Your experience in the publishing industry is already so much more glamourous and exciting than mine has and ever will be!

6:26 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

I can't wait to see all the photos. Drink lots of wine and then forse ritornerete con il bambino!

7:56 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Have a great trip!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Italy! HAVE FUN!

10:09 PM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

Have a good trip.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Have fun!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous time! You might need to know one more word...Bagno. After saying "Vino Rosso, per favore" all night long, you're gonna need to know where the bathroom is :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Ciao Bella!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.