metro mama

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Not So Sexy

Picture me in the shower this morning, skin glistening, all soaped up. Then picture me sprawled face down on the floor. Yes, I actually passed out in the shower this morning, bashing my cheekbone on the marble threshold. Ow. Remember how I got wickedly sick at the end of last term? This time I was determined that wouldn’t happen. I was popping the Cold FX like no tomorrow, going to bed early, going easy on the vino. But I woke up yesterday thinking I was dying. I spent the day huddled in bed, not even able to read for more than twenty minutes at a time. Today I’m actually worse.

This really sucks. I feel terrible about calling in sick when I’m so new to my job. I still have an essay to finish. Redneck Mommy’s coming in a few days. Can’t. Be. Sick.

So, McHotty’s taking me to the doctor this afternoon to try to score some antibiotics. Wish me luck!

17 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

eek... feel better soon! thank goodness no blood was involved b/c that would have really dropped the sexy factor.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Mouse said...

So I'm guessing this won't be a Hot 'N Bothered post?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

Good Lord. I hope you're okay.

10:44 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Oh no!!

Take care...I hope you feel better soon!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Literalicious said...

I can't believe I didn't see the part in your email this morning that said you passed out! :-\

Geez, I would have said something more profound than "No worries, hope you feel better."

So now you get my...

OMG, are you okay now!? I hope you got some good drugs from the doc at least.

Take care!
C

11:35 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Oh no! That's terrible! I really hope you feel better soon. I'll be thinking of you!

12:12 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

I'm day five of this flu. It is horrible. Horrible is actually not a strong enough word. My coworker said it took her 10 days before she felt ok at all. I don't have 10days. We must be better. I hope that you get some mighty drugs!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Hope you're feeling better soon. What a good hubby to take you to the doctor.

(Get better for Saturday!)

12:24 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

That is AWFUL! and the way it started, I thought we were going somewhere else altogether...

Get better, hon, and please, please, don't give it to me this weekend. I'm sick enough already.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Oh honey, I hope you feel better soon. But just think how badass you're going to look at the bar on Saturday...

2:37 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

no! yuck.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

i bet it was sexy, actually. i really do.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That will teach you-never go easy on the wine!!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Jer said...

ouch! I feel your pain; i really do.

9:47 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

oh sweetie.

call me if you need kid care okay?

12:17 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

oh my gosh...I hope you are better now.
that sounds terrible!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my word, that makes me so sad!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.