metro mama

Friday, March 07, 2008

I Badly Want to Read You

I am continuing to be tormented at my new job by tons of books I don’t have time to read yet.

I’m hearing lots of good things about Gods Behaving Badly. Here’s a brief description, from the book jacket:

Being immortal isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Life’s hard for a Greek god in the twenty-first century: nobody believes in you any more, even your own family doesn’t respect you, and you’re stuck in a dilapidated hovel in North London with too many siblings and not enough hot water. But for Artemis (goddess of hunting, professional dog walker), Aphrodite (goddess of beauty, telephone sex operator) and Apollo (god of the sun, TV psychic) there’s no way out… until a meek cleaner and her would-be boyfriend come into their lives and turn the world upside down.

I’m adding this one to my nightstand. I have three more copies for the first three Canadians to email metro[underscore]mama[at]hotmail[dot]com.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Run ANC said...

that was actually one of the books I was considering, but I was unsure from the description -- what have you heard about it? (Thanks for the Ravine btw, got it today)

6:17 PM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

Ooh. I'm just finishing up The Outcast, but that one was next on my list. I can't wait to start it.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

crap - why hadn't I found you 2 weeks ago? I was looking for a new book to read!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.