metro mama

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Late Long Weekend Recap

I just realized I haven’t shared any Easter pics yet. I don’t really have many—it’s pretty hard to convince a toddler who’s hopped up on chocolate to pause and pose for pictures.







We took a very big step this weekend. We went to Kingston Friday, and came back by ourselves Saturday for the Foo Fighters concert (the Easter bunny kindly came Saturday morning so we wouldn’t miss the excitement). This is the first time Cakes has spent the night in someone else’s house without us. It didn’t bother her one bit. Her godparents were also there, and she was spoiled rotten all weekend. Then her grandmother brought her home on the train. Very exciting. I got a little stab when I saw her name on her very own ticket.

We didn’t take full advantage of the empty house on Sunday. We tried to sleep in, but I just can’t sleep past 8:00 anymore. I was too sore and hungover from the Foos for any nookie. We did manage to get for brunch for the first time in ages, to Edward Levesque’s Kitchen. It was wonderful--I highly recommend it. I also went there for dinner during Winterlicious, and it was fab too. There’s just no reason to leave Leslieville anymore.

After brunch, I spent hours and hours hunched over my second last term paper. Fucking hell, am I ready to be done with term papers.

As nice as it was having a quiet house, I sure was glad to have my gal home. And I think she missed us just a wee bit too.




***

We're giving away free books over at MBT! Check it out here.

19 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

Oh, such a lovely photo.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

That last photo is priceless.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

That last photo is really precious! Adorable and ooey-gooey and I want to pinch her cheeks as well as hers and tell you both how adorable you are!

3:42 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

What a big girl!
We left our girls for the first time Saturday night too.
Though I didn't have a term paper to wake up to I was up early as well.

5:52 PM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

Free books?

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a nice feeling knowing they are happy and safe without you ;), I agree sweet sweet picture!

Gabriella

7:13 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Great pictures! She is so big and adorable. And, of course, the last one warms my heart in a major way... you should frame it.

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice when you have the house without them, but it's even nicer when they come back.

7:27 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Wow. that IS a big step! I'm thinking we have to do that over the summer, in prep for the big fall event, when she will surely have to spend a night or two at the grandparents.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

her hair is getting so long! gorgeous!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Jer said...

Yes, you should definitely frame the last pic. It warms my heart; she's so sweet.

3:37 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

oh I love that shot of you and cakes...
what a little doll

11:09 PM  
Blogger Urban Daddy said...

I think that first picture said it all. LOL.

Sounds like a very nice time indeed. I'm going to check out that restaurant, sounded nice.

So you are a foo fighter fan, huh? You may be able to help me with a problem I've had for a while... (Insert funny joke here)... There is a video for a new(ish) Foo Fighter song there they are playing music and an army is coming to get them. All I remember is Dave Grohl yelling, "Who are you!" alot. I don't know the name of that song. Within the last couple of months... Song or video sound familiar?

11:54 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Lovely pictures! I love her smile.

1:56 PM  
Blogger the mystic said...

Ah, enjoy the time that you can fudge the holiday dates to suit you - my 6 year old just won't have it anymore! Great photos.

2:18 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

that last picture is so awesome.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

That last picture made my heart break a little bit...

8:38 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

So glad she did well on her own for a sleepover. That IS a big step.

That last photo...wow. It is just...awesome.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://oworagahu.angelcities.com/dybonom.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.