metro mama

Monday, April 14, 2008

High and Low

Well, last week was pretty rough, but it ended on high note.

After passing out in the shower on Tuesday, I crawled into bed, not to emerge (except to pee, check email, and post hello to Toronto Life readers—yeah, I’m so OC) until Saturday. I had the most wicked virus ever—the fucker knocked me on my ass so quickly, my head was literally spinning. I had chills, aches, blinding headache, and a complete and utter lack of energy. One day I couldn’t even read. I had to take four days off work, making me feel like such a shit. I had to take my first extension ever for my paper. I was worried sick that I wasn’t going to be able to spend any time with my dear friend Tanis, coming all the way from Alberta to see her bloggy pals.

But I woke up Saturday morning, and I could actually go down a flight of stairs without needing a nap afterwards. I made it to the big blogger meetup at Panorama Saturday night. It wasn’t the evening of debauchery I’d planned--I had to stick to a bottle of Perrier and I was home in bed by eleven--but I’m just thankful I got there at all.

I gave them their own key, and I woke up Sunday morning with Mama T and Tanis in my spare bed--how hot is that? Sunday afternoon, Tanis and I hooked up with Anne and Sandra for a lovely afternoon at the Distillery District. It just wasn’t enough time, but I’m so glad we had Tanis here in person, even for a short visit. She is not as smart, funny and beautiful as she appears on her blog--she is ten times more so.

Miss you already, darlin’.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it was sunny and lovely out for the Distillery! Did you have a patio pint?

2:32 PM  
Blogger cinnamon gurl said...

I'm so glad you were better in time for the outing. Much better to miss work than play, if you have a choice.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Tania said...

It was great seeing you on Saturday. I hope you are fully recovered by now.

3:41 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

bloggers do a body good.

3:56 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

I wish I could have joined you Sunday, too, because I'm always left wanting more bloggirl action! But being at work all day Saturday, I really couldn't be gone another whole day, too. sigh.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

It was so nice to see you Saturday. Can't wait till you're all better and free from school -- we'll hang.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Dude. Am jealous.

8:27 PM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

Am so glad you were better. Makes it even more exciting to look forward to BFF in July!

And you are absolutely right - Tanis in person is simply divine!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all misty eyed, now.

There are just no words for the amount of fun I had in Toronto.

Nor are there adequate words to express how much I heart you....

9:35 PM  
Blogger Urban Daddy said...

You did not look as sick as you described by any stretch of the imagination. You pulled it off, and managed to hold together until your still recovering body had enough. Well done. If you were on my hockey team, I'd pat you on the back and say, "good job"... But your not. :)

11:32 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Such a terrible time of year for anyone to be hit with a virus like that. Glad to hear you were able to meet up and have fun with your blogger friends.
It's wonderful making new friends this way, isn't it?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I'm having trouble believing you were sick, because you were looking so fiiiiiiine ;-)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, Julie! I miss seeing you around, it feels like it's been forever... will you have time to do lunch before Italy? I'm leaving Toronto at the end of May. :(

8:53 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

just read the piece in Toronto life..woo-who...
go metro mama go.
great article and I may never eat at Pulp kitchen again.
not that I ever did...but still.

glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.
doesn't it totally suck to be sick?

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.