metro mama

Monday, June 09, 2008

Parties and More Parties

It was another one of those busy weekends--I had to come back to work today for a rest!

Friday morning was my first event in my new position--a brunch for bloggers to celebrate the launch of Catherine Sanderson’s Petite Anglaise (on sale June 17!) The event was lots of fun, and it's pretty cool to be trailblazing in blogger outreach.

We ‘met’ the lovely Catherine, live from Paris via webcam--the day before her wedding!




Thuet Atelier provided some very yummy treats.



The pastry chef is in town for a few months to learn English. He recognized the book (it went on sale in Europe a few months ago), got excited, and made delicious macaroons in pink, yellow, and chocolate brown, to match the book cover! I can’t believe I didn’t get a picture.

There was lots of scintillating conversation, and the occasional cackle.





I hope I’ll get to do more of these!

McHotty’s sisters and their hubbies were in town for the weekend. We had a family BBQ Saturday night (McHotty did a fine job with some nice steaks), and a baby shower the next day. Cakes was a champ, behaving very nicely, despite eating 5 cupcakes and bouncing off the walls. She’s going to have another cousin in a month or so!

How was your weekend? What do you think of the wicked temps? Are you for, or against?

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for hosting this. I had a great time and it was so nice to meet some local bloggers!

2:33 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

It was a great party! I'd send you a oicture of the macaroons if I hadn't eaten all but two with Pumpkinpie...

And me, I sweltered in the heat, but I try not to complain too much because if I have to be uncomfy, I'd rather be too hot than too cold. Plus, only the mildest of pinkness was acquired, so all good!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Betsy Mae said...

Looks like the party was a hit...good job to you!
I LOVE the heat (for now anyway) and wish that we could keep the a/c off but my husband can't stand the heat as long as I don't have to do anything but relax in it.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

I could probably stand the heat, but it does a number on the kids and that is no fun. I also hate closing all the windows so that we can turn on the AC - I like having windows open and getting a fresh breeze.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

wow - I really need to get that book - I'll be in UK/Paris next week!!!

Sounds like a great weekend...

I am all for heat and I won't complain (I hate snow) but the humidity could ease up just a touch. LOL!

10:05 AM  
Blogger scarbie doll said...

Wait. There were macaroons?

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are all the Mom bloggers that get together in Toronto that I'm not finding?! Every Mom I meet asks, "What's a blog?" and scoffs at my description of narration and pictures of my son on the Internet...

Besides, I'd show up just for the food. Yum.

9:33 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

dude. she was so wired on sugar!

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could've made it!! It sounded wonderful, congrats!!

As for these hot temps, I'm kinda glad they're here and kinda not.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Well, that DOES look like a lot of fun! And I'm so jealous of the social network all of you Toronto bloggers have!

5:43 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

You are a star! I really enjoyed the brunch.

The humidity is killing me but we did our walk - thanks so much for the sponsorship!- and raised over ten thousand dollars.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Looks like fun!

How hot is it there? We're in the 100's some days. Yeesh.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.