metro mama

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sipping and Cybering

McHotty and I have found the perfect compromise in Sorrento--a cocktail lounge/internet cafe! I can blog without being furtive!

The trip is fab so far. Flight was great. Nice group--an Australian couple our age we really hit it off with already. Tour guide is awesome.

Today we left Rome and went to Pompei. Such a fascinating place. I'll post some pics and explanations when I get home.

After Pompei we drove down the gorgeous Amalfi coast, to Sorrento, where we took off from our group and just had a fabulous dinner. The house wine was so tasty we bought an extra bottle to go. For those of you coming here by googling restaurant in Sorrento, the name of the place is O Parruchiano, at Corso Italia 71. You're welcome.



I'm really missing Cakes, but I just had a comforting but somewhat disturbing email from my mother-in-law that Cakes is doing just fine thanks.

Tomorrow we're off to Capri for the day. Our slightly laviscious (in a charming way) tour guide keeps reminding us to pack our bikinis. Fat chance.

Arrivaderci dudes!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Run ANC said...

Isn't the Amalfi coast beautiful? Sigh.

4:29 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Wine to go! Now that's my kind of take out.

When in Italy do as the tour guide tells you. I think you'd look absolutely fab in a bikini.

4:40 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

deeply trying to love you in this moment but so consumed by jealousy.

My Mum was from Rome say hi to Rome for me okay?

5:57 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Have fun, you guys! And hooray for non-furtive blogging.

8:59 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Pompei is so cool.
I'm with blue - take your bikini tomorrow.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Literalicious said...

Sort of glad you're having a great time. Sort of jealous. ;)

7:59 AM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

ditto crazymumma.

seriously.

Pics soon, please? So I can live vicariously?

11:48 AM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

drooling over here.....
me so so jealous.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another blogging Toronto mom here.

Love your descriptions and the photos of your sweet daughter.

Your MIL babysat while you went away for two weeks? Lucky!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.