metro mama

Monday, May 19, 2008

A Lot to Come Home To

Update: Some pics added to Italy posts below!

We arrived home last night, just in time for Cakes’ third birthday today. She seems to be fine with our absence--when she saw us, she just beamed, and exclaimed, “you’re home!” Then she asked for presents, which she'd remembered I'd promised two weeks ago. She is so well adjusted--I’m very thankful.

The trip was fantastic. I’ll finish telling you about it as soon as I have a chance.

My mother-in-law was here looking after Cakes, and she kindly had everything ready for her party today. I just had to ice the cupcakes this morning. But between the jet lag and a party for a three-year old, I’m bloody exhausted. So I’ll leave you with some pics until I can recover enough brain cells to string a few words together.

Happy birthday, my love. You are an amazing little girl, and I’m so proud of you.






Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

she is getting so big. and she's gorgeous.

and good for you, sister, your trip sounded amazing the whole way through.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Happy birthday to her! It must have been amazing to see her again.

5:03 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Oh Cakes. How you have grown.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

She is soooo beautiful!!

6:29 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Happy Birthday Cakes!
Do you think your MIL might adopt me?

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one cute girl. the angel wings are totally appropriate...

8:21 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Happy Birthday Cakes! That is one beautiful girl you have there.

8:39 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Oh my goodness, her face is changing!

As she starts to look less baby-like, I am starting to see you emerge in her. But those curls, those are another thing altogether.

8:45 PM  
Blogger scarbie doll said...

Dang she has great hair.

Get ready for 3 -- it's a trip! Happy "birth" day to you too.

10:04 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

Happy Birthday Cakes!

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh she's just precious. That camera around her neck...She's gonna be a future Mom blogger, no doubt!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Tania said...

Great pics! Happy B-day, Cakes!

6:49 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Oh, she is so cute! Happy Birthday to her!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Happy birthday, Cakes!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Adorable and welcome back!!!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.