metro mama

Monday, May 19, 2008

A Lot to Come Home To

Update: Some pics added to Italy posts below!

We arrived home last night, just in time for Cakes’ third birthday today. She seems to be fine with our absence--when she saw us, she just beamed, and exclaimed, “you’re home!” Then she asked for presents, which she'd remembered I'd promised two weeks ago. She is so well adjusted--I’m very thankful.

The trip was fantastic. I’ll finish telling you about it as soon as I have a chance.

My mother-in-law was here looking after Cakes, and she kindly had everything ready for her party today. I just had to ice the cupcakes this morning. But between the jet lag and a party for a three-year old, I’m bloody exhausted. So I’ll leave you with some pics until I can recover enough brain cells to string a few words together.

Happy birthday, my love. You are an amazing little girl, and I’m so proud of you.



Blogger jen said...

she is getting so big. and she's gorgeous.

and good for you, sister, your trip sounded amazing the whole way through.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Happy birthday to her! It must have been amazing to see her again.

5:03 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Oh Cakes. How you have grown.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

She is soooo beautiful!!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Lisa b said...

Happy Birthday Cakes!
Do you think your MIL might adopt me?

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Manager Mom said...

That is one cute girl. the angel wings are totally appropriate...

8:21 PM  
Blogger nomotherearth said...

Happy Birthday Cakes! That is one beautiful girl you have there.

8:39 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Oh my goodness, her face is changing!

As she starts to look less baby-like, I am starting to see you emerge in her. But those curls, those are another thing altogether.

8:45 PM  
Blogger scarbie doll said...

Dang she has great hair.

Get ready for 3 -- it's a trip! Happy "birth" day to you too.

10:04 PM  
Blogger kgirl said...

Happy Birthday Cakes!

9:59 AM  
Blogger The Walsh's said...

Oh she's just precious. That camera around her neck...She's gonna be a future Mom blogger, no doubt!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Mac and Cheese said...

Great pics! Happy B-day, Cakes!

6:49 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Oh, she is so cute! Happy Birthday to her!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Happy birthday, Cakes!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Adorable and welcome back!!!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.