Summer Movie Recos: Wanted and SATC
I love me a two-and-a-half day work week! I can’t believe it’s Friday again already, and I haven’t even told you about last weekend!
I used the holiday to catch up on my movies. We had Monday off, and daycare was still open, so McHotty and I caught Wanted, then had drinks on a patio at the Distillery. Bad parents, I know.
I love stylized action flicks, and Wanted is a very cool one. Here are my likes and dislikes:
* James McAvoy. I love him. He’s funny and cute, and it’s so awesome to see him get tough and stand up for himself. He’s fabulous.
* Angelina Jolie. She is the sexiest woman on the planet. Love the tattoos.
* The humour. Like when Wesley smashes his keyboard over his coworker’s head and the broken keys freeze in the air to spell, “Fuck You!”
* The stunts. There are some very cool tricks with cars and trains. And some fun hijinks between Jolie and McAvoy on top of the El.
* The rock ‘n’ roll. McAvoy makes a super-cool matrix-ish entrance, accompanied by a loud, down-and-dirty score. Perfect for the shooting in opposite directions with crossed arms. I’m a big fan of shooting in opposite directions with crossed arms.
Bottom line: it’s a ridiculous premise, and not as thinky as The Matrix, but who cares? It’s perfect summer eye candy.
I can say the same thing, (minus The Matrix part) about Sex and the City, which I’m the last person on the planet to see. Since so much has been said already, I won’t go into detail, but I thought the movie was fine. It was exactly what I expected it to be. I loved seeing old friends again (and I thought they looked great by the way). The City looked great too, as always. The fashion was a blast.
A few criticisms…I don’t know what Jennifer Hudson’s character was doing there. I would have liked to see more of the men. I would have liked to see Samantha have sex with someone.
I’ve been finding, most people who loved the show are happy with the movie, and that’s the case with me. What did you think?