metro mama

Friday, July 04, 2008

Summer Movie Recos: Wanted and SATC

I love me a two-and-a-half day work week! I can’t believe it’s Friday again already, and I haven’t even told you about last weekend!

I used the holiday to catch up on my movies. We had Monday off, and daycare was still open, so McHotty and I caught Wanted, then had drinks on a patio at the Distillery. Bad parents, I know.

I love stylized action flicks, and Wanted is a very cool one. Here are my likes and dislikes:

Likes

* James McAvoy. I love him. He’s funny and cute, and it’s so awesome to see him get tough and stand up for himself. He’s fabulous.

* Angelina Jolie. She is the sexiest woman on the planet. Love the tattoos.

* The humour. Like when Wesley smashes his keyboard over his coworker’s head and the broken keys freeze in the air to spell, “Fuck You!”

* The stunts. There are some very cool tricks with cars and trains. And some fun hijinks between Jolie and McAvoy on top of the El.

* The rock ‘n’ roll. McAvoy makes a super-cool matrix-ish entrance, accompanied by a loud, down-and-dirty score. Perfect for the shooting in opposite directions with crossed arms. I’m a big fan of shooting in opposite directions with crossed arms.

Dislikes

Um…none.

Bottom line: it’s a ridiculous premise, and not as thinky as The Matrix, but who cares? It’s perfect summer eye candy.



I can say the same thing, (minus The Matrix part) about Sex and the City, which I’m the last person on the planet to see. Since so much has been said already, I won’t go into detail, but I thought the movie was fine. It was exactly what I expected it to be. I loved seeing old friends again (and I thought they looked great by the way). The City looked great too, as always. The fashion was a blast.

A few criticisms…I don’t know what Jennifer Hudson’s character was doing there. I would have liked to see more of the men. I would have liked to see Samantha have sex with someone.

I’ve been finding, most people who loved the show are happy with the movie, and that’s the case with me. What did you think?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger crazymumma said...

I went to see Sex and The City. I never watched teh show faithfully so much was lost on me I am afraid.

I reeeeaaaalllly want to go and see Dark Knight and Hancock. oh! and the new M. Night Shmalyan movie.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

I’m a big fan of shooting in opposite directions with crossed arms.
Hahaha! Me too.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Mouse said...

I'm a lot in lust with Angelina. Angelina with a weapon, pacifist that I am, is just amazing.

Have not seen either movie yet, though Wanted is on our list for this weekend--the showing we tried to go to last weekend was sold out. SATC will be a rental.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I agree 100% on SATC. I was just waiting for Samantha to do that guy next door... bummer.

We're going to see WALL-E tomorrow. I don't know if I'll care for it, but the kids probably will. Too bad the kids can't see Hancock. Love me some Will Smith. ;-)

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not the last person to see SATC - I haven't. :) Never got into the series so its not on my list of priorities.

Really, really want to see "Wanted" though.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Haven't been able to get out to see any movies lately, but I'm salivating after the new Batman one due out soon.

9:54 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

I want to see Wanted, actually, largely because it's an action flick with Angelina. Love her.

SATC, I'm waiting for video, quite frankly.

And we put Pumpkinpie in daycare all week while we were off renovating. I always take her in on my day off so I can do all the appointments, shopping, cleaning and laundry, etc., and not be worried about that crap on the weekend. If I could get a date in there too, so much the better! not bad at all.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

I saw the movie last week and I was pleasantly surprised! I liked it a lot, I thought the story was great and even shed a tear or two. I'm such a cheeseball.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Ooo I haven't been to the cinema for agesssss
Cheers

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.