metro mama

Friday, August 08, 2008

What's the Frequency, Internets?

Thanks for all your encouraging words the other day. The days can be so long, can’t they? Next time I’ll do the cry for help earlier in the day, and try to muster up a playdate. Thinking in advance: is anyone free Christmas day? Just kidding. McHotty is stuck working, but I think my parents will come keep us company.

In other news, my basement is still torn apart. The contractors our evil insurance broker originally hired have been a bunch of arses, and nothing’s been done. Meanwhile, I chatted up the cute contractor working on my neighbour’s house, and learned he also does work for our insurance co. So I made a few testy phone calls, and they agreed to let us switch. Cutie-pie should be here early next week.

We have some shopping to do. Luckily, all the shoes I don’t like were in the basement when it flooded. How sweet is that?

We also lost a bunch of CD’s. They give a decent replacement value for these, so instead of going out and replacing my Journey and Metallica CD’s I thought I’d bring us into the 21st century and get some new iTunes instead.

Internets, I need your help! What are you listening to these days? Stop me from downloading more Duran Duran, and give me something hip!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Damn it, now that song is going to be stuck in my head ALL DAY.

*wanders off whistling*

11:50 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Hungry like the woooolffff.

ahem. sorry. well if you go over my way you can see what I have been doing karaoke wise.

Other than that I get any groovy music suggestions from Something Baby Blue ususally, or Kgirl. I am SO in the Not Know.

And if we are in town at Xmas you should come for dinner. really . I mean it.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I'm not sure if I've commented before so: delurk!!

I don't know what your taste runs to in terms of music, but these are some of the artists that are on my summer sountrack:

KT Tunstall, Leona Lewis, Duffy, Ben Harper, Kate Nash, Beth Orton, Patty Griffin, Bishop Allen, Metro Station, Imogen Heap, and then all my husband's favourites like the Foo Fighters, Hinder, Daughtry, Tupelo Honey, Matthew Good, The Killers etc. etc.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Currently, I'm liking No Handlebars by The Flobots. I love the way it builds. Anything by Feist is good. New Soul by Yael Naim (sp?) is also fun and catchy.

And, as ever, the entire Magic CD by Bruce Springsteen. Because I looooooove him.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Urban Daddy said...

Not sure what your taste in music is, but I can suggest Nickelback, Boston, Feist, Barenaked Ladies, for something a little harder Saliva, Stone Temple Pilots / Velvet Revolver, Audioslave and/or, ahem, Platinum Blonde. :)

Hope it helps.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

Get yourself some Modest Mouse! And the Shins.

10:42 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I second the Modest Mouse reco.

Also: The Strokes, Chili Peppers (Stadium Arcadium is a great album), Weezer, U.S.S., Sam Roberts, Radiohead, and of course, the Foo's.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The National. Give it a listen.

8:17 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Ahh Duran Duran I wont' be able to think of anything else now!

My best basement flooding tip is to make sure stuff you dont' like gets ruined.
I am almost done repairing from the flood of '07. I should post photos.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

okkervil river
akron/family
sunna
andrew bird
emily haines
kings of leon
vampire weekend
menomena
metric

:)

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great article and a great post - definitely very helpful to women who are seeking information and share the same sentiments.

I would also like to suggest this site: Olga's Relief. You might find some valuable information regarding Women's health and Issues. Cheers!

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.