metro mama

Monday, September 29, 2008

Things I've Been Doing Instead of Blogging

I am a really lousy blogger these days, aren’t I! I mean, there’s never been much substance around here, but lately there ain’t much of anything. So what have I been doing instead of blogging?

· Work is really, really busy. I spent last week talking about the books for Summer ’09, but I’m just making a dent into the Fall ’08 books. We have a fuck of a lot of books in the fall. My head sure has been down at the office these days. Thankfully, we have a new assistant, and she’s awesome. I just need some more practice delegating.

· I caught an early screening of Choke, the latest adaptation of Chuck Palahniuk (author of Fight Club). It’s awesome! Darkly funny and oddly poignant. Highly, highly recommend. The cast is fantastic.

· I slipped away from the fam to Word on the Street yesterday. I can’t believe how much the festival has grown. The place was packed--I could barely get a look at the many lovely books on offer. But that’s okay, I have tons of reading already. Did anyone else go? Did you buy some books?

· Speaking of reading, I’m loving my new addiction, Kelley Armstrong. She’s a Stephanie Myer for grownups. Sexy and smart. The first book in her Women of the Otherworld series is Bitten. Try it--it won’t disappoint!

· This week: a couple of work events--a retirement party for John Neale (Chairman of RHC), and a launch for the new Nino Ricci the very next night. I usually hate to be out two school nights in a row, but don’t want to miss either of these shindigs.

So, these are my excuses, and I’m stickin’ to 'em. What’s new with you, my fine friends?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger kittenpie said...

Nothing new around here - it's all milk, no sleep, and dirty diapers. So, so glam. Can't wait to get out to see you next week.

And the movie I am trying to figure how to see - Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. SUCH an awesome book. (Teens, but really, super, extra cool.)

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing new here. About the same at kittenpie. LOL

I am so jealous that you have all these books right at your fingertips. If I were to open a review blog for books you'd be able to send them my way, right? Right?

9:13 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Oh, but how could you be bored with all those lovely books?!?!?!

9:29 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

I've missed you.
Have fun with Nino.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

That's the second person who's recommended Armstrong, so I may have to check it out. Reading Conceit right now, and reading Nick and Norah afterwards. Really into reading actual books right now.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

New job - up to my eyeballs trying to hold Harper accountable for cuts to arts and culture. Fearing that my blog is starting to suck.

That is all.

10:05 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

chicken in one corner.

head in another.

Bitten. Gonna go get it.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

(another book added to my booklist)
What have I been doing? Uh... catching a cold. That's about it.

7:04 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

All I do is work. And then I work. I eat some chocolate. I watch 90210 and Colin makes fun of me and then I work. boring...

I saw that you were going to Choke and I was green that you have a life. I need more parties. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon!!!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

I'm a huge Kelley Armstrong fan. Bitten is an awesome book.

You should try Kim Harrison too.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.