metro mama

Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's Better in Acapulco

Our vacation was just what the doctor ordered--sun, warmth, swimming, reading, food and unmentionables. Acapulco is not the most charming town, but the weather can't be beat. Our hotel was great; it was right on Condesa Beach:



The hotel had a pool that wound through the grounds like a river, and two adult pools, including my favourite, this gorgeous quiet infinity pool with a view of the ocean:



Our room had a lovely view as well:



And we watched the sun set from our balcony each night:



Acapulco is a party town. I think T-dot needs fewer hotdog carts, and more of these:



The seafood was great--we treated ourselves to a delish lobster dinner on our last night:



When I wasn't eating, I was reading like mad. I burned thorugh 10 books! I caught up on some old stuff I hadn't read yet, as well as some lighter stuff I don't usually read: Pretty Little Dirty, The Gum Thief, Buffalo Jump, Revolutionary Road, The Rapture, Atonement, Tempting Faith DiNapoli, Stunt, Muriella Pent, The Omnivore's Dilemma. I think my favourite was Pretty Little Dirty. It reminded me of my own adolescence so much it was scary.

Now I'm back to dreaming about the next holiday, but I don't think it will be anytime soon! Anyone working on any travel plans?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Kyla said...

That looks heavenly!

1:32 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

look at you with that cleavage.

nice.

1:50 PM  
Blogger scarbie doll said...

Oh! I've been to Acapulco in college for Spring Break. Have fond memories of late night tacquitos

2:33 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

So how was Revolutionary Road? I'm curious - you know it was on my list.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Tania said...

Travel plans??? Bwahahahahaha! (sigh)

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaah . . . if only . . .

5:45 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

10 books! that's speed reading girl.
gosh I barely got though a magazine this weekend...

your trip looks (and sounds) amazing.

was it just the two of you? or was Cakes there too?

8:04 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

I'm totally getting blogging and fb'ing mixed up... commented there, didn't comment here...
Either way - JEALOUS!

4:08 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

That looks awesome - but right at this moment, I was contemplating a sunny holiday and thinking that while I'd love to be there, gtting thre with two sounded like a little slice of hell. Good idea taking a last trip while you still can!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Looks like you had a great time. Sorry I haven't been round to visit you in blogland! I've just booked a trip to Cuba and am hoping it is just as awesome!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.