metro mama

Monday, May 29, 2006

Things I Miss About Working (Outside the Home)


I will write something serious on this subject when I can string more than ten minutes together. It’s a busy week. Last night S. was working. I had Cakes down at 6:45. Showered, dined, completed the essential chores and thought I had two hours to write-- until my next-door neighbours knocked on the door. They were having a campfire. I have a baby monitor with great reception. Who can resist a campfire? Tomorrow night is another little neighbourhood party; Wednesday night, the Family Resource Centre BBQ; then we’re off to Kingston for my sister-in-law’s wedding (there will probably be no posts next weekend--but I’ll probably return with lots of blogging fodder!).

Back to things I miss…


1. Free pens (we never seem to have a damn pen in the house anymore).

2. Water cooler conversation - I had the good fortune to work with the most fun group of people who watch the same shit I do and love to analyse every detail.

3. Having occasion to dress up (I never really did, but at least I had occasion to).

4. Money, honey.

5. Getting home from work (especially Friday of a summer long weekend).

6. Cursing. Many of my colleagues had potty mouths and so did I. Now, nobody we hang with swears. S. hates it and I need to watch my mouth around Cakes.

7. Beers after work (they taste the best. no, wait…the one after you get the baby down is pretty tasty too).

8. My work being appreciated (I’m sure Cakes is grateful but she still has a limited vocabulary. S. is appreciative, but it’s not quite the same as recognition from colleagues).


I don't like work--no man does, but I like what is in the work, the chance to find yourself. Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha. don't worry, some of your best mama friends will be happy to ditch the kids with dad, dress up all pretty, go have a beer and talk about the biggest garbage on tv, increasing the number of expletives used with every beer downed. of course, the crap coffee, petty whinging, crazy politics and football/soccer ball/golf ball dive bombs are harder to duplicate.

8:21 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Finally found cute flower girl headbands. Went everywhere, and finally found them at a dollar store.
We do not have air, so I am a wee bit cranky, and I also think I will be either TOTAL PMS or first day of my cycle for the wedding...the joy of it all....
On the working note, I always hated working, so lucky moi!
See you soon....AC

2:56 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I taught a class today, subbing in for a friend of mine, and I thought of this post as I relished the moment of getting home, coming in out of that hellish hot weather we're having.

I think staying at home is something you learn how to do, not in the sense of learning how to parent (everybody has to do that), but figuring out how to avoid going crazy. Maybe I'll write a post about that...

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ujyvuqal.1accesshost.com/erozugub.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://edykivosax.fcpages.com/agazys.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ofyhaqoki.kogaryu.com/isilus.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.