Schooool's Out. For. Summer.
If only it were out forever.
Monday night I wrote my final exam (I think I ACED THE FUCKER!) and now I have six blissful weeks off until it starts all over again.
I'm doing three courses next term (Contemporary Canadian Writers, Advanced Romanticism and a sociology course about the female body). I think it's going to be a demanding year. BP has been warned to try to keep down the extra curriculars.
I've decided to make a few resolutions for my six-week window of freedom:
1. Read books. I'm going to start with a few new books I've been wanting to read (I'll review them for you here), then get a head start on the reading list for the Can lit course (it's not really work, it's actually a great list*). I resolve to get my ass to the garden with my novel every time Cakes' head hits her pillow.
2. Stock the freezer with some homemade goodies for Cakes. We've been relying on far too much avocado and jarred sweet potato lately.
3. Write a couple of thoughtful, serious posts.
4. Give Big Papa some lovin'. When we moved into the house, we said we'd christen every room. Well...ahem. I won't even go there.
I will keep you updated on my progress. For the first three anyway.
* Here's the list...good stuff, isn't it!
Timothy Findley, Inside Memory (Harper/Collins), Stones (Penguin), The Wars (Penguin), The Piano Man's Daughter (Harper Perennial), Elizabeth Rex (Blizzard); Margaret Atwood, Surfacing (Seal); Selected Poems, 1966-1984 (OUP), Survival (M&S), Wilderness Tips (Seal), Alias Grace (Seal); Michael Ondaatje, The Collected Works of Billy the Kid (Vintage), The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems (Vintage), Running in the Family (Vintage), In the Skin of a Lion (Vintage), The English Patient (Vintage); Jane Urquhart, The Little Flowers of Madame de Montespan (The Porcupine’s Quill), Storm Glass (The Porcupine's Quill), Changing Heaven (M&S), Away (M&S), The Stone Carvers (M&S).