That's My Girl!
I recently wrote about Cakes’ stink-eye, which Bub and Pie identified as “the Murray look”. It appears it may be genetic. That makes sense—I do have an evil eye myself. I use it rarely but my poor mother was on the receiving end of it often during my difficult teenage years.
I’ve come to accept that Cakes looks like her father (even family and close friends admit she looks nothing like me). I had hoped she would also inherit the qualities I love most in her father: patience, calm, seriously easy-going. Unfortunately, her personality seems to be come from my side. Already she’s showing signs of having inherited some of my, ahem, less positive qualities:
· she's a bit obsessive-compulsive. If you leave your shoes at the back door, she will hand them to you and make you take them to the front door. If she finds things on the floor that don’t belong she’ll bring them to me—today she handed me a dried up piece of avocado she found under the sofa. Sometimes she will pick up cheerios, individually—she’ll put one in her dustpan, toddle to the green bin and deposit it;
· she’s grumpy when she wakes up until she’s had her morning bevy;
· she’s grumpy when she’s tired;
· she’s grumpy when she’s hungry;
· sometimes she talks too much—she babbles on and on about nothing;
· she has absolutely no patience-when you take too long getting her dinner ready she pounds her fists, tugs your pants, and complains;
· when you tell her not to do something she wants to do it more.
Poor Big Papa. What are you in for!?
monkey see, monkey do*
*Photo courtesy of Jana