metro mama

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Dirty Words

Nope, this isn’t yet ANOTHER sex post. I’m going to talk about swearing.

I used to swear a lot. Almost everyone swore at the company I worked for before I had Cakes. It was perfectly acceptable. At very important meetings VIPs would WTF. I used to do all my swearing at work, and rarely swore at home (it turns BP off). Now, my blog is my outlet for my potty mouth and I don’t swear in front of Cakes.

The odd time I fuck up. Sometimes I get really caught up in my thoughts and I say things out loud accidentally. The odd time, when I’m hanging with Cakes, I simply forget who I’m talking to. For example, the other day we got stuck waiting for a transport to park. “Does he think we have all fucking day,” I ask Cakes. She shrugs. The next day, we were driving home and someone cut us off: “what the fuck is his problem? Fucker!” Cakes just sighs.

Oh shit. I mean oops.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe. My ROFL nominee for the month is on this topic - or, more precisely, the perils of trying to give up the potty mouth.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Musician friends of mine took their son on tour with them. He learned that it was ok for his daddy to swear because it was his job. (As lead singer of the band)

It's mainly fruit cake in my house. I can't even type swear words. LOL

11:57 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

I swear like a drunken sailor. I try and control it around the girls but if i mess up I always say excuse me....

12:15 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I totally get this. Now that my son is older ... he points out my bad words and scolds me. Nice.

3:47 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

I am pretty mild to begin with, but am definitely paying more attention now that I now little ears with a sponge between them are present...

She did catch me out one day. Dropping something down a crevice, I started, "Bloody -" and caught myself. "Hell!" she finished for me. Yep, at least halfway there, my dear.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with crazymomma - but I make a sailor blush I swear so freakin' much (freaking is my new cleaned up swearing and I think it's really pansy-assed of me but hey, at least I'm trying). You and I would get along great ;)

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha. i didn't become a huge swearer UNTIL i had kids...

8:05 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

I am trying really hard to stop, but it's like a sickness, you know? I do try to watch it in front of the Boy, but I forget. A lot. Sigh. It's on my list.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

hilarious. i try, but it's hard. and i figure at some point, M's going to see right through me anyways. might as well cut the bullshit now.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Blog said...

LOL! You're too funny. My husband's a montrealer...'Nuff said.... ;) (they swear all the time...)

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We tried stopping years ago. Things were getting a little out of hand and we were worried by the time we had a kid, it would be a George Carlin.

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.