Things I've Been Doing Instead of Blogging
I am a really lousy blogger these days, aren’t I! I mean, there’s never been much substance around here, but lately there ain’t much of anything. So what have I been doing instead of blogging?
· Work is really, really busy. I spent last week talking about the books for Summer ’09, but I’m just making a dent into the Fall ’08 books. We have a fuck of a lot of books in the fall. My head sure has been down at the office these days. Thankfully, we have a new assistant, and she’s awesome. I just need some more practice delegating.
· I caught an early screening of Choke, the latest adaptation of Chuck Palahniuk (author of Fight Club). It’s awesome! Darkly funny and oddly poignant. Highly, highly recommend. The cast is fantastic.
· I slipped away from the fam to Word on the Street yesterday. I can’t believe how much the festival has grown. The place was packed--I could barely get a look at the many lovely books on offer. But that’s okay, I have tons of reading already. Did anyone else go? Did you buy some books?
· Speaking of reading, I’m loving my new addiction, Kelley Armstrong. She’s a Stephanie Myer for grownups. Sexy and smart. The first book in her Women of the Otherworld series is Bitten. Try it--it won’t disappoint!
· This week: a couple of work events--a retirement party for John Neale (Chairman of RHC), and a launch for the new Nino Ricci the very next night. I usually hate to be out two school nights in a row, but don’t want to miss either of these shindigs.
So, these are my excuses, and I’m stickin’ to 'em. What’s new with you, my fine friends?