25 Things Regurgitated From Facebook
Hey, I'm light on material.
1. I am just starting out on my third career and have finally found the perfect fit.
2. I sometimes wonder how successful I’d be today if I’d got it right the first time, but I try not to dwell on that.
3. I want to write a novel before I die (me and just about everyone I know).
4. I read about 100 books each year. I scored 132 on the 1001 list.
5. I was a terrible, rebellious teen, and if Cakes is even half as bad I’m in for many sleepless nights. Good thing I don’t believe in karma.
6. I also don’t believe in god, fate, miracles, ghosts, or soul-mates.
7. Though I don’t believe in soul-mates, my husband is pretty close to perfect, and I’m grateful for him every day.
8. I seduced my husband. After years of looking love in all the wrong places, I moved in to the apartment next to McHotty's in a big old house in Peterborough. Within two weeks I was having a drink in his living room. Within two years he proposed.
9. I like to party. I also love to be alone. I could use more of both these days.
10. I smoked for twelve years, until McHotty convinced me to quit (it was a deal-breaker for him). I still miss smoking every now and then.
11. I’m never happier than when I’m in the water and the sun.
12. I’m saving for a sailboat. It will be a long time.
13. I’m the first one in my immediate family with a university degree (paid for by myself over many years, one course at a time).
14. When I first started grad school I was very intimidated. Not for long.
15. When I’ve had a few drinks I’ve been known to: dance on furniture, karaoke, play air guitar, otherwise make an arse of myself in front of people.
16. I think I’m meant to be some kind of performer, but I just haven’t found my talent. That is my hope, anyway. Maybe I’m just a talentless attention-seeker.
17. The older I get, the less tolerant I am of other people. This is particularly apparent when I’m travelling--I think most of the tourists are assholes, forgetting that I too am a tourist.
18. I do not suffer fools gladly. I also can’t stand arrogance, passive aggression, rudeness, bad grammar, and people who are always late.
19. I wish I could afford to travel for at least a month each year. Some day I will.
20. I never liked kids until I had one.
21. I’m still not really interested in children, except for Cakes, my niece and nephew, and my close friends’ kids.
22. In the month after Cakes' birth I was hospitalized twice and received three blood transfusions.
23. I have never been more terrified, and it was a life-altering experience.
24. I resolved to never have another child (and it almost wasn’t an option).
25. I changed my mind—number 2 is due July 25.