metro mama

Thursday, February 05, 2009

25 Things Regurgitated From Facebook

Hey, I'm light on material.

1. I am just starting out on my third career and have finally found the perfect fit.

2. I sometimes wonder how successful I’d be today if I’d got it right the first time, but I try not to dwell on that.

3. I want to write a novel before I die (me and just about everyone I know).

4. I read about 100 books each year. I scored 132 on the 1001 list.

5. I was a terrible, rebellious teen, and if Cakes is even half as bad I’m in for many sleepless nights. Good thing I don’t believe in karma.

6. I also don’t believe in god, fate, miracles, ghosts, or soul-mates.

7. Though I don’t believe in soul-mates, my husband is pretty close to perfect, and I’m grateful for him every day.

8. I seduced my husband. After years of looking love in all the wrong places, I moved in to the apartment next to McHotty's in a big old house in Peterborough. Within two weeks I was having a drink in his living room. Within two years he proposed.

9. I like to party. I also love to be alone. I could use more of both these days.

10. I smoked for twelve years, until McHotty convinced me to quit (it was a deal-breaker for him). I still miss smoking every now and then.

11. I’m never happier than when I’m in the water and the sun.

12. I’m saving for a sailboat. It will be a long time.

13. I’m the first one in my immediate family with a university degree (paid for by myself over many years, one course at a time).

14. When I first started grad school I was very intimidated. Not for long.

15. When I’ve had a few drinks I’ve been known to: dance on furniture, karaoke, play air guitar, otherwise make an arse of myself in front of people.

16. I think I’m meant to be some kind of performer, but I just haven’t found my talent. That is my hope, anyway. Maybe I’m just a talentless attention-seeker.

17. The older I get, the less tolerant I am of other people. This is particularly apparent when I’m travelling--I think most of the tourists are assholes, forgetting that I too am a tourist.

18. I do not suffer fools gladly. I also can’t stand arrogance, passive aggression, rudeness, bad grammar, and people who are always late.

19. I wish I could afford to travel for at least a month each year. Some day I will.

20. I never liked kids until I had one.

21. I’m still not really interested in children, except for Cakes, my niece and nephew, and my close friends’ kids.

22. In the month after Cakes' birth I was hospitalized twice and received three blood transfusions.

23. I have never been more terrified, and it was a life-altering experience.

24. I resolved to never have another child (and it almost wasn’t an option).

25. I changed my mind—number 2 is due July 25.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger karengreeners said...

I'll get a good shiver every time I read #25!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats from a new reader

(And I know that every birth is obviously different but after a very scary number 1, number 2 was a breeze and certainly didn't leave me with any post-traumatic stress like the first! Hoping you have the same experience)

4:16 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Whoa. Whoa! That's quite a #25! And an auspicious due date - one day before Pie's birthday.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saved the best for last now did you ;-)

Congrats!!

8:44 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

this reads like a thriller.

and honey....I am so happy for you!

8:48 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

...but I already knew ....cause you told me...

8:49 PM  
Blogger Betsy Mae said...

oh my gosh!!! i almost ALMOST didn't read your list because i'm not in the mood for bloggy reading tonight (but couldn't resist when i saw you had a new post)...so glad i did! congratulations, that is very cool and such a great way to announce it to your blog readers. oh and so, so, so sorry for the horrible grammar!!!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Barrie said...

Oh, wow!! Congratulations!!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it! When you put your little mention on New Year's Eve about excitement coming, I knew it! Congratulations!!!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Still so VERY excited for you!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

YAY! Congratulations - so excited for you!

10:51 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

I have to tell you my ghost stories!

Congrats! I suggest the new little one be known as something like "Cookies." haha

4:02 PM  
Blogger Tania said...

That's great! I'm so happy for you!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Excellent! Congratulations!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.