metro mama

Friday, May 01, 2009

Spent

So as soon as I wrote the post about feeling great during this pregnancy, and still feeling pretty sexy, things almost immediately started going downhill. I’ve really popped in the last two weeks (I’d forgotten how this happens almost overnight). With the start of the third trimester, it’s getting harder and harder to keep the weight gain at a reasonable pace. I know it’s stupid to waste too much energy worrying about it at this point, but I haven’t forgotten how fucking hard it is to get the weight off again.

The other problem is, I have several events coming up where I’d like to look good, and it’s getting pretty hard to pull off. Plus, with this being my last pregnancy I’m loathe to go out and buy many new maternity clothes (and most of the maternity clothes suck anyway), so I’m trying to make do with what I have, or what will work after baby (I can’t wait until it’s warm enough for jersey skirts and no tights).

This week has been a doozy. It’s our Fall sales conference. I usually love conference. Editorial, marketing and sales get together, and all the lovely new books and marketing plans are presented and discussed. (This is a big year by the way; the list is incredible. I’ll do a big post on it soon.) Conference means full, long days of meetings, plus social events in the evening. Even though I only made it to one evening event this week, I’m absolutely spent. The pace of conference, and the stress of speaking in front of a crowd have given me a wicked case of heartburn. (This didn’t happen the first time, and people tell me it means the baby will be hairy--anyone else heard this?) I’ve never, ever been more exhausted. I’m also really wistful about the fact that I won’t be here for this stellar fall season, and worried about where I’ll be when I come back (I’ve been covering a mat leave, and going back to my original position will be a demotion). But there’s no other place I’d rather be.

Anyway, I promise this is the last whiney post until the baby comes (I can’t make any promises after that!) I just needed to get it out of my system.

And how are you these days?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous sandra said...

Whiney posts are allowed - you're in that exhausting third trimester hon. You'll get your groove back and be writing WINEy posts before you know it. xo

5:46 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

I think I kept a couple of my dresses if you're desperate.

7:56 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Bitch away as you need, hon, we've been there, too! And if you want, you can try some of my dresses and see if they work. I have a couple that hold up well to work events.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

I remember those days. Pregnancy didn't really agree with me. The kiddos were well worth it, though.

11:12 AM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

You can whine all you want-I whine constantly and I'm not even pregnant!

As for the heartburn-I had terrible heartburn in 2nd &3rd trimester and was popping Rolaids like candy.
Still never seemed to help.
(aside from making me anemic...)
But on the plus side Lulu is far from hairy.
In fact quite the opposite.
I'm still worried about her thin "baby" hair and wondering when it will thicken up.

Hang in there.

Oh not that you need to think about yet another function, but when is the next book club meeting?

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4
a片
av女優
a383

1:04 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

My second pregnancy totally kicked my ass. So my theory is the second one is WAY harder. The recovery seems to be better for everyone though.
I've got a black maternity dress you can borrow for your events if you like.

6:59 PM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

I think anyone carrying a baby, caring FOR a toddler and working full time is allowed to bitch as much as they'd like.

(P.S. I might have a nice black maternity dress that might work for you!)

8:51 PM  
Blogger ewe are here said...

I'm now at 33 weeks with my third (and last!) one, and I am ALL for the whining right now.

And I hear you on the wardrobe issues... I don't want to spend much on clothes... just enough to get by.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.