metro mama

Friday, March 20, 2009

And Now For Something Light

After all of my heavy reading of late, I need something light and fun this weekend. This should fit the bill, no?

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies features the original text of Jane Austen’s beloved novel with all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie action. As our story opens, a mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Meryton and the dead are returning to life! Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet is determined to wipe out the zombie menace but she’s soon distracted by the arrival of the haughty and arrogant Mr. Darcy. What ensues is a delightful comedy of manners with plenty of civilized sparring between the two young lovers and even more violent sparring on the blood-soaked battlefield as Elizabeth wages war against hordes of flesh-eating undead. Complete with 20 illustrations in the style of C. E. Brock (the original illustrator of Pride and Prejudice) this insanely funny expanded edition will introduce Jane Austen’s classic novel to new legions of fans.

The illustrations take the cake. This will either make me laugh, or piss me off, I’m not sure which.

In other book news, purely coincidence, but I’m quoted in Richard Florida’s new edition of Who’s Your City! You can see the excerpt here.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I've really got to put this book on my list as it looks hilarious. Great quote. Cakes is going to grow up with such a wonderful view of the world!

12:01 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Look at you rock star!
love the cultural diversity = good food.
This med student in my office asked me today if I know anywhere good to eat and I was all shocked bc he didn't.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:05 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

AWesome - I just started reading the Florida book yesterday, as I finished jPod ahead of time! Amazing.

I can't wait to hear what you think of the Austen, it just seems so bizarre...

10:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! I'm sold - that just looks so awesomely funny.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.