metro mama

Friday, February 27, 2009

Trying to Keep My Pants On

I’m sorry for yet another week without posting. I might as well stop apologizing, no? It will only get worse with the entrance of number two.

Can you believe I’m halfway through the pregnancy? I had my ultrasound a couple of days ago, and I had one of those prick techs who don’t say a damn thing. My next appointment with my midwife isn’t for a week, so I have some waiting to do. McHotty and I are pretty sure we saw a wee penis, but I can’t be sure. Will keep you posted!

I’m feeling pretty good, but have absolutely no energy. If I go out in the evening, it has to be something really fun where I can run on adrenaline (like the play last week with the gals). Otherwise, I’m done. But the nausea is finally gone, and I’m loving my food. Dying for sushi unfortunately. And don’t even get me started on my red wine. Oh, how I miss thee, red wine.

The whore-mones (as scarbie calls them) are kicking in, but I don’t have the energy to act on my urges. I’m having some crazy sex dreams, with all sorts of fellows (and ladies), including McHotty, Angelina Jolie, an author or two and the guy from The Wire.

I’m getting big, and I need to accept it and buy more maternity clothes. Yesterday I wore a sweater dress and non-maternity tights. The waistband of the tights was uncomfortable, so I rolled it down a little. I got off the streetcar at Queen to walk down to King, and halfway there the tights started falling down! I tried to keep walking and surreptitiously pull them up, to no avail. I eventually had to duck into a doorway and furtively yank them up (praying there was no one giggling behind the blinds).

Other than my waistline, I’m finding this pregnancy very much like the first. How did you find your second pregnancies compared to your first?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger karengreeners said...

Physically, exactly like the first - sick for 14 weeks, then great, lots of heartburn, nothing major.

Emotionally, worlds apart.

And the births were of course, the antithesis of each other, which, in your case, would not be such a bad thing.

Be well, and as I always counsel, enjoy. You look really great.

3:14 PM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

I didn't gain nearly as much weight with the second baby as I did with the first.

3:15 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

I have a pair of never worn maternity tights and a pair of nylons I will bring to you.

my second pregnancy sucked ass as it was, like kgirls, the opposite to my first. you are owed this time.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Pregnancies were pretty much the same, only I seemed to get bigger a lot faster. And I was more tired. The births were completely different, though.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:14 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

I was much sicker my second time, and for a lot longer, but once that passed, I was okay. I was also much GRUMPIER the second time, and less tolerant by far about how people seem to view pregnant women as community property. I believe I ranted a lot about that sort of thing. But this second time, I avoided some of the small panics of the first by having no bleed and not falling down the front stairs, so there's that!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Tania said...

With the first pregnancy, I glowed. The second pregnancy sucked donkey balls.

4:23 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

can't help you in this dept.
But I can't believe you are already half way there!
crazy.
go treat yourself to some new spring duds- you deserve it.

(H&M had some cute maternity things last time I was there btw and cheap)

1:25 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

I puked a lot with both of my pregnancies, both were equally miserable (I'm a horrid pregnant person), but K's had the added rush of the threat of preterm labor at 22 weeks.

9:00 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

everything was bigger and i was more relaxed.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.