metro mama

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Childcare Dilemma Solved!

Sherwood will be six months on the 29th. Can you believe it? (There is a big post on him coming soon. He is all kinds of awesome). I’m still planning to go back to work on April 1, and McHotty will stay home for three months. We’re going to juggle vacation time to look after the kids in July and August.

I know it’s a long time before I need to worry about childcare, but I’m one of those people who plans things ridiculously far in advance. I had looked into daycare for two kids and I just about died—it would pretty much eat up my entire take-home pay. So I’m overjoyed that we’ve found the ideal solution. I’ve gotten to know my neighbour who lives two doors away. She has a girl who is less than a year younger than Cakes, and a baby girl who is just three months older than Sherwood. She mentioned she was thinking of doing a home daycare, but wasn’t sure if she wanted that much work. We only need someone about 10 days per month. How perfect is that!

I’m so thrilled to have this settled, and what an ideal situation. I really like my neighbour, each child will have a playmate, and I won’t be working for nothing. Plus, the morning drop off will be a hell of a lot easier (the two girls will both be in half-day kindergarten).

*Huge sigh of relief*

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Glad you got it not just sorted out, but in a way that works perfectly for the four of you!

1:47 PM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

Good deal for you.
My sister-in-law gets totally free daycare for her two kids--my mother-in-law lives in their basement apartment and does it all. And she has the nerve to complain about her not paying rent!

5:38 PM  
Blogger wherewiller said...

That's fantastic.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Gabriella said...

Awesome!!! One less thing to worry about!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

That worked out great. Sounds like one good neighbor you have there.

11:57 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

That's great - it is such a big relief to get that stuff in place. and yes, care for two? Right now, we're paying a total of about $2100. Thankfully once Pumpkinpie goes to full-day school for gr 1 next year, hers should be a good $400-500 less. Phew!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.