metro mama

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Decade

As the aughts come to a close on my birthday, I can’t help but reflect on the last ten years. I’m kinda nervous about the coming decade, because in the last one I’ve gotten everything I want, and how do you top that?

In the year 2000 I decided to go back to school. I did my undergrad, then my masters, then I finally decided what I wanted to do with my life: work in Publishing. And then I was lucky to actually get a job! I moved into a home in a neighbourhood I love, just before prices went out of reach; I have wonderful friends and neighbours, and most importantly, I have these folks:




So, tonight I am making just one resolution: to be grateful every day.

Happy New Year, everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lady M said...

Happy birthday and happy new year!

12:48 AM  
Blogger moplans said...

So true. Happy New Year.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

That's a great one.

I was 16 in 2000, so I've lived my whole life in this decade it seems.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u should see this [url=http://moourl.com/n23sn]Sexy.[/url]

Can u be of help and i get pics unlocked

5:21 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

It really is amazing at this stage in our lives to see how much a decade can change, isn't it? I was a fresh grad from library school in a new city back then, and since then? MOved back, bought/sold houses, two kids, etc. I'm sort of hoping thigns will be calmer this next 10 years!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.