metro mama

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Best Books of the Aughts

2010. Wow. One resolution I really must keep this year is to keep a reading journal. I seriously read over a hundred books last year, but I mislaid my journal before the end of January. Actually, I never even wrote in the damn journal, but had stuffed in it a napkin on which I’d scrawled a few notes about the books I read on our vacation.

So I can’t do a braggy post where I list all of the books I read last year. But I can do a list of my favourite books of the past decade. I actually put one together weeks ago to submit to the National Post. It came together pretty quickly, and I tried to keep the agonizing to a minimum. I’m sure I’m forgetting something brilliant, but oh well. Here are my five favourite books of the aughts:


1. Runaway by Alice Munro
2. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
3. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
4. Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden
5. Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann


Well, what d'ya think? What would you add to my list?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger moplans said...

Joseph Boyden was HILARIOUS at the heliconian last year.
but I still haven't read the book...

I cannot get through The Road ....
Our tastes overlap somewhere but not with any of these picks :)

10:33 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

ha, well you read so much I probably couldn't even read your list by the end of the year...

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.