metro mama

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Burn, Baby Burn

It’s been a busy but productive couple of days. We went to visit my folks yesterday. Dad is doing well and a visit from Cakes sure did brighten his day. She was in fine form, cackling and babbling and going 80 miles an hour. She left a trail of four exhausted adults in her wake.

I intended to blog when we got home last night, but was dead tired and brain dead, so instead we accepted an invitation to join the neighbours for a port (don’t have to ask me twice). Our fences are going up this week and we need to make the most of the open concept backyards while they last.

This morning, Big Papa kindly vacated the premises with Cakes so I could get a few things done. He took her to the Family Centre and attended the crockpot cooking class I had signed up for (better him than me--I don’t even know where the crockpot is. Do we have a crockpot?) The problem with crockpots is that they’re slow--you need to figure out what you’re going to eat hours before it’s time to eat it. We suck at that. Tonight the President made us dinner in 6 minutes (Indian. Again). We had to be fast because I had a date with the TV.

Tonight I had a lovely lazy evening watching the two-hour So You Think You Can Dance and surfing in the commercials. Just a few SYTYCD thoughts….Mary is as braying as ever. Danielle sure can shake her booty. Jessica, the ballerina, needs to get some booty. Jamyz, on the other hand, knew how to shake that thang. I was disappointed in both disco numbers, especially the eighties disco. Melody and Nick’s disco set the bar pretty high last season. Pasa doble…most boring dance ever? The dance of the night, for sure, was Travis and Martha’s Broadway. Musa and Natalie were hot, hot, hot but the judges lukewarm.

Tomorrow is judgment night. I hope they BRING IT!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Pendullum said...

You rock... Visiting you parents with your kid... Now, what a gift to give YOUR DAD for Father's Day...
and what has Cakes giving her dad for Father's day???
I imagine nice crockpot Indian recipes for dad would be in order;)
Along with a good Madonna/Gorillaz/Black EyedPeas/Donna Summers/You Know what I mean/ CD for Cakes and Momma to dance to while he playing with his crock pot Father's Day Gift...

9:49 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I would totally do port over blogging. Good choice!

1:27 AM  
Blogger metro mama said...

I have a few things in mind for Big Papa but can't say until after the Big Day!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

The crock pot is a very good thing (especially if it's hubby who gets to use it!). I like it better in winter, though - nice to have a house filling up with delicious aromas all day long.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.