metro mama

Friday, June 09, 2006

Memory Lane

20 years ago I...

...didn’t know what I wanted to be when I grew up.
...was a metalhead.
...got my first period (I can't believe I was excited about that).

10 years ago I..

...almost married the wrong person.
...partied far too much.
...had the most ridiculous haircut.

6 years ago I...

...moved next door to a sweet, smart, hottie named S., asked him out within two weeks, and married him three years later.
...quit smoking.
...started working on my undergrad.


5 years ago I...


...moved to Toronto, kicking and screaming. Now it's home.
...had the job from hell. I provided IT support and was on call 24/7. My phone would literally ring about 8 times a night (great preparation for having Cakes). Luckily, I found a great position within six months.

3 years ago I...
...married the lovely S. in his parents’ backyard.
...went to Portugal on our honeymoon.
...bought the house from plan.


1 year ago I...
...gave birth to Cakes and life changed forever.
...was bloody exhausted.
...had lovely, enormous boobs.

Yesterday I...

...read Cakes' favorite story six times.
...told Cakes I love her at least eight times.
...dug happily in my long-awaited garden.

Today I...


...am happy with my life.
...don’t know what I want to be when I grow up (yep, there is a post coming on this).
...have tiny boobs.

Tomorrow I will...

...go shopping for a birthday present for S. While I’m out, I’ll get a slushy coffee on a patio and read the paper, savouring the alone time.
...if I have the strength, buy myself a new bathing suit now that the very thought doesn't make me nauseous.

In the next year I will…

...finish my undergrad. HOORAY! Finally.
...try to do as many nice things for S. as he does for me.
...try to appreciate every moment I spend with Cakes.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Pendullum said...

You rock!
Great blog...

11:25 PM  
Blogger motherbumper said...

You were a metelhead? HA! You'd love the Motorhead and Ramones t-shirts I got for Bumper. Hey - kudos on the undegrad work (especially with a baby) - mine took 6 years and I got it just before I turned 30. It was so satisfying to prove to myself that I could do it on my own. Your meme is wonderful and interesting and Cakes is delicious! (I scrolled down to find her). Your neighbours sound like fun - wish I had some like that but haven't found any up here in North York (oh why did I move from downtown? waaaaa). Sorry to hijack your comments. I'll stop now ;).

8:36 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

That's the great thing about blogging...where else can we chronicle the biography of our boobs?

3:21 PM  
Blogger metro mama said...

Thanks ladies!


Mother Bumper: Cakes needs a Ramones shirt, where can I get one?
Kudos to you too!

10:05 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Loved this post....Anne

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.