metro mama

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Imelda in the Making

I’m battling an addiction to Site Meter.

We live in a tall, skinny house—I deliberately leave the computer on the third floor so it will be harder to obsessively refresh my meter.

A couple of times a day, I give in to my curiosity and let Cakes scramble up the stairs to our bedroom. She likes to play in our closet with my shoes while I check my meter and quickly get off a couple of comments.

Yesterday, I went into the closet to collect her and I found a new addition to my shoe collection:



Being the loving parents we are, we nurture her new passion.



She has some catching up to do.

*******
It’s been a lovely weekend. Yesterday, BP let me sleep in and took Cakes out for the entire morning. I had a nice long shower, breakfast in the garden, and finished a draft of my essay. I have an exam on the 24th, then six blissful weeks off before the next term starts. I plan to read Caitlin Flanagan’s book, then get a head start on next term’s reading list.

We took Cakes to Cherry Beach for the first time. She loved it. She has no fear of the water—she immediately made a beeline for the lake and protested when I wouldn’t let her in past her knees. We also spent a lot of time at the splash pad at our local park.

We saw Capote – it was excellent. I would definitely recommend it. Philip Seymour Hoffman is amazing.

We did a lot of grilling on the new BBQ.

My mom arrived tonight (she’s staying for the week). We had a nice dinner, then went for drinks next door. The neighbours worked all day on their new garden. It looks beautiful. I am feeling inspired with ideas to steal.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Cute!!! Love her budding shoe collection :)

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I, too, loved Capote because of Seymour - he was unbelievable - actually he was totally believable and tha'ts why I love him ... you know what I mean:)

6:59 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

capote is one of the few recent movies that i've actually seen through to the end - so good.
bumblebee's shoe collection is also a little excessive for a one-year-old (according to her dad), but dressing up her little tootsies is too irresistible!

9:11 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Did you know you can buy packages of 6, yes I said 6! Princess shoes at Toys r Us? Just so that Cakes can share her wee problem with all of her little playmates in years to come.

Philip Seymour Hoffman...I will watch anything with that man, he is brilliant.

Exam, papers school...girl you are blowing my brain. I could not even string a sentence together when my girls were little...not saying I can now either...

AC

9:13 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

oh, the shoe is so cute among yours! I love it. Pumpkinpie is into her rainboots right now.

And I so love those mornings to yourself. Feels like such luxury, although I guess not so much when you have essays to write. I don't miss that, I must say.

11:02 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:31 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Whoops sorry that was me.

It sounds like you had such a lovely weekend! Enjoy your visit with your mom.

We used to have the best neighbours but they moved back to Nova Scotia. I used to steal ideas from their backyard but I felt so guilty! Now I just miss them.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

The shoes - brilliant. Truly. Made me laugh out loud.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.