metro mama

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Dave Grohl's My Hero

The Foos were sooo awesome last night. I had such a good time. Dave Grohl can still rock out like nobody’s business, even sitting down with an acoustic guitar. He was spellbinding. It was a two-hour show and it felt like it was over in twenty minutes.

I’m totally running out to get all their albums now.

I never knew Dave Grohl was such a funny guy. He chatted a lot between songs and he has a great sense of humour. He really shares the stage with his fellow musicians too.

My only complaint about the concert was that I found it hard to stay sitting. The people around us were a little too mellow.

Speaking of mellow, last night I couldn’t help but think about how much more mellow I am these days. While I’ll never be as sedate as the stiffs sitting next to us last night, I no longer do the kinds of things at concerts that I did ten years ago. Some examples: flashing my boobs at Gord Downie at the Tragically Hip show in Cayuga; being as fucked up as Keith Richards at the Stones Voodoo Lounge show; injecting citrus fruit with vodka to smuggle into Molson Park to see Van Halen et al.

Who am I kidding. I would probably still do those things. Well, except maybe flashing the girls, but only because they’re not looking so pert these days.

I had a really good time Tuesday night too. Sunshine and I saw Comedy of Errors in High Park. Shakespeare under the stars, good company, and tetra paks—what more does a girl want?

I leave you with this. Enjoy!



Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Ug. My computer won't let me view the video but the concert sounds amazing!! Vodka infused citrus fruit ... you are brilliant. I would have had WAY more fun in high school had we hung out together :)

And Tuesday night was awesome. Great show, great company and not just tetra paks ... WINE tetra paks. You rock! Thanks again for the wine and cheese. You are the very best

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you saw the Foo's? You know, I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but I do like their stuff and I wouldn't mind seeing them in concert. Very cool. :)

4:00 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

You flashed your boobs at Gord Downie, Sheesh, woman. He just does not seem worthy of that on any level to me. In fact, Dave Grohl would even be way more likely to get that particular eyefull!

5:40 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

I'm glad you had fun. Dave does have a wicked sense of humour. And the music - sweet. I see from that video that Pat Smear is on tour with them. That rocks.

As for wine with Shakespeare in the Park, I think you guys are having more fun than is allowed!

7:32 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

who let you out two nights in a row?

i heard the show - and, ahem, the drinks before and after the show were great.

glad you had fun with dave.

oh, and the youthful flashing - gord? really? sounds more like a tommy lee thing to me.

9:04 PM  
Blogger metro mama said...

Now ladies, no dissing Gord. I'm all about the music. I need more than just a pretty face to bare the titties.

9:39 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Oh Metro....you are so baaad, are you going to tell Cakes all of these sordid tales?

10:14 AM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Oooooh.

LUCKY YOU.

12:05 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

love the new cakes pic! she is too cool for (pre)school in her Cash tee.

can you teach me how to get a picture there? this loser has not figured it out yet.

9:48 PM  
Blogger metro mama said...

Thanks Penelope!

For the pic, upload it into a post (it can be a draft post if you don't want to post it) and then copy the address html code. Paste the address into the Photo URL field in your profile.

Cheers!

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.