metro mama

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Meme in Honour of Gene Simmons' New Show

Gene Simmons has a new show, called Family Jewels, a behind-the-scenes look at his family, a la The Osbournes.

Now, I must confess, I watched (and enjoyed) the first season of The Osbournes. I chortled when they catapulted poutltry over the fence at their annoying neighbours. I giggled every time Ozzie stepped in dog pee.

I seems all my favourite 80's rockers are getting their own shows. First, The Osbournes. Then Tommy Goes to College. Now this. What's next? Axl Goes to Prison? Or, how about, Rock Stars Behind Bars, a cross between Rock Star Supernova and Oz. The inmates could audition for Axl's next band. There would be performance episodes, then the behind-the-scenes episodes that reveal how the competitors get along when they're forced to live together. Only in this show, instead of getting drunk they'd be offing the competition.

Anyway...I'm getting off track. Here is the meme:

Step 1) Pick a band or singer
Step 2) Answer the questions using only song titles
Step 3) Post

Artist: Kiss

Are you male or female?: Beth
Describe yourself: Unholy
How do some people feel about you?: I Was Made for Lovin’ You
How do you feel about yourself?: Do You Love Me?
Describe what you want to be: Shout It Out Loud
Describe your current mood: Rock and Roll All Nite
Describe your friends: Not for the Innocent
Share a few words of wisdom: Lick It Up



***

We just returned from a few more days in Kingston. We had a lovely time, as always. We spent most of our time eating, reading, and watching Cakes run around nude in the backyard. We visited our dear friends in Ottawa who have a 4-month-old baby girl. She is a beauty. It sure felt good to hold a little one again--I must confess, I felt a little pang.

It's dangerous to visit sweet little 4-month-old babes.

God we love our new home though. It's so nice to come back to after a few days away. Tonight we grilled a couple of burgers for dinner then invited the neighbours over for a bottle of wine. Ah, bliss.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Blog said...

Oh, I agree. It is dangerous to hold little babies again when you're not yet ready to have another. I held my friend's 5 month old this weekend and fell in...LOVE. :) But, I'm not ready to think about having another baby--in other words, not ready to think about not giving my little monkey all. my. attention.

12:01 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

I love your meme and I must join in! Your ideas for the TV shows are pure gold.

Your evening sounds divine.

1:48 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

That is a fun meme! And - "offing the competition" -LOL.

1:12 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

these days, just thinking about a sweet little 4 month old is enough to get my ovaries spinning. danger.

and your meme! clearly you had too much relaxation time - i freakin love it, and must now think of something really good. beth! i get it; i love it.

p.s. you must be in bittersweet heaven tonight. 2 hour finale of sytycd.

9:11 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Just reading about all these little ones makes my ovaries spin....

10:12 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Lovin' the meme. Looovin' it. But I'm a little concerned about that show. I don't know if I want to see Gene Simmons' as the family guy.

Hmm..

10:24 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Great meme. You ar the best.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.