metro mama

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Nose to the Grindstone

I am almost through the first hell week of the term. I gave a presentation and turned in a paper today; Thursday I hand in another paper and write a test. It sure will feel good to have this week behind me. The next big crunch comes at the end of November, then I have a little break in December—the stack of new fiction next to my bed will have to wait ‘til then. sigh.

***
I should remove the blog-ranking gadgets on my site. The number doesn’t show up in the US top sites half the time because I’m in the triple digits. As for the Canadian top sites, I’ve currently being “beaten” by a blog called Breakfast Meat, which is described by its authors as “a blog and website inspired by, but not limited to the drunken, and hung over musings of a group of friends from southern Saskatchewan”.

Good thing I’m thick-skinned.

***
Is there anything worse than blogging at 4 am while your baby sleeps peacefully? Insomnia strikes again. Asshole.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read a post over at Schmutzie's blog and I thought of you and the paper you were writing on Simone de Beauvoir's feminine passiveness theory.

You might like it. The author is from Saskatchewan though... Maybe you have a biais?... :-)

http://schmutzie.blogspot.com/2006/10/558-my-body-my-bear-suit-click-on.html

5:08 AM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

I've done the 4 AM blog post more times than I'd care to admit, although it was in between checking on the baby who (almost) never sleeps peacefully.

What books are in the pile?

11:44 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

congrats on getting the school work done, and on being turfed by a blog based on food of dubious origin.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

You're getting a lot more schoolwork done than I am! I have two exams I really need to take soon, and haven't done it yet.

I don't know how those blog ranking things work, but I'm convinced they're rigged.

12:20 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Oh that is so funny about Breakfast Meat...have no worries honey, we rank you high.

I told HBM, and now I am telling you. Rescue Remedy, a homeopathic tincture available at health food stores for that insomnia.

Hope you get a nap today...

1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is there anything worse than blogging at 4 am while your baby sleeps peacefully?

Yes. 7 am when your baby is awake and ready for the day and you are now ready to sleep!

3:18 PM  
Blogger metro mama said...

jchevais: thanks!

Mrs. Fortune: Theft, Black Swan Green, The Emporer's Children, Sweetness in the Belly, A Map of Glass. Have you read any of these? I haven't decided which to start with.

crazymumma: thanks for the reco.

3:30 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Good luck on your test tomorrow!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Am I the only one who laughed over the name "Breakfast Meat"? Sorry, I'm really a 12 year old boy stuck in the body of a 34 year old woman.

Good luck with that test tomorrow and your insomnia.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Blog said...

Ha! You're funny, Metro! I assure you you rank much higher than Breakfast Meat in my books! ;)

12:58 AM  
Blogger Lady M said...

I must also admit to 4am blogging. Good luck with the rest of the crazy school week! Maybe there's a dull textbook that can help you sleep?

1:08 AM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

4am blogging?! Wow! and I thought I was crazy blogging at 10:30.

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That group of friends in Saskatchewan is likely my relatives. I call them and tell them to fry up some back bacon and leave the blogging to you! ;)

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.