metro mama

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

That Meme in Paris

I’ve been tagged by Penelope for a fun meme:

1. You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist out of existence. Which one will it be?

Celine Dion. I can’t stand her. And those Anne Geddes calendars? Is there anything creepier? Where do they get the babies? I sure as hell wouldn’t let Anne Geddes and Celine Dion get their hands on Cakes. Mamas, I hope they paid you lots to prostitute your kids like that. Poor bastards.


2. You have the opportunity to sleep with the movie celebrity of your choice. We are talking no-strings-attached sex and it can only happen once. Who is the lucky celebrity of your choice?


Angelina Jolie. I’m off Brad right now, and it might be fun to pitch for the other team for a change. Plus, I could use a little crazy in my life.

3. You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who do you pick?

My hero, Dave Grohl. Look what his fingers can coax out of a guitar…


4. Now that you’ve slept with two different people in a row, you seem to be having an excellent day because you just came across a hundred-dollar bill on the sidewalk. Holy shit, a hundred bucks! How are you gonna spend it?

I’ll start my atonement by taking BP to dinner at Verveine.

5. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?

Paris, mon amie.

6. Upon arrival to the aforementioned location, you get off the plane and discover another hundred-dollar bill. Shit! Now that you are in the new location, what are you gonna do?

A nice bottle of vin at a café.



7. The Angel of Death has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Angel of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bite it. Whatcha gonna do in that half-hour?

Order the most expensive champagne, and cuddle my babe and my man.

8. You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What’s it gonna be?


The power to turn water into wine.

9. You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?

Rocking out to Keep on Rockin’ in the Free World at the Neil Young concert.

10. Rufus appears out of nowhere with a time-traveling phone booth. You can go anytime in the PAST. What time are you traveling to and what are you going to do when you get there?


I have to agree with Penelope—Paris in the 1920s. I’ll hang in the cafes with my notepad and drink champagne with Hemingway, Callaghan and Fitzgerald.

11. You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?

Getting my period on the school bus when I was 12.

12. You got kicked out of the country for being a time-traveling heathen who sleeps with celebrities and has super-powers. But check out this cool shit… you can move to anywhere else in the world! Bitchin’! What country are you going to live in now?

I’ll make my way to the UK. I’ll go to pubs and plays with Christine in London and visit all the Jane Austen sites on the weekends.

13. The constant absorption of magical moonbeams mixed with the radioactive vegetables you consumed earlier has given you the ability to resurrect the dead famous-person of your choice. So which celebrity will you bring back to life?


Kurt Cobain. We need more Nirvana.

14. What’s your theme song?


Lust for Life

Now, I tag Mother Bumper and Crazy Mumma.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger karengreeners said...

we would have so much fun in paris together!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celine Dion...best. answer. ever.

(kicking myself for not thinking of it first!)

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#11 - To think that we've brought daughters into the world who will have to go through puberty! It's a terrible thing we've done.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so there, Scarbie tagged me also so I'll try to get it up tonight after the lovely little lady goes to sleep. And btw - I'm with Ali - Celine Dion is the best answer ever so I might have to borrow/steal ;)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

How did I not think of Celine Dion?? I just rid the world of Kenny G.

11:58 AM  
Blogger moplans said...

Agggg. Where did you find that hideous Celine shot. My eyes are burning!!

love #8 and I haven't been to Verveine in years thanks for reminding me.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doh! I just wasted Pussy Cat Dolls. Thank goodness you got Celine Dion. Wish I'd thought of that.

What a lot of bad memories of puberty there are in the blogosphere...

12:24 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Great meme. Can I come with you to London to visit all of the Jane Austen sites?

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man. I hadn't thought of Celine Dion OR Kenny G. They make my pick (Dave Matthews Band) seem absolutely wonderful. And I'm totally with you on the Anne Geddes calendars. ((shudders))

LOL at your answer to number two. I feel like I need to do a post sometimes on the girls who I'd get down and dirty with if I were so inclined to be a switch-hitter.

9:47 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

I freakin' hate Celine with every fiber of my being. But you know how I feel about Neil....And why do all of you want to get it on with Angelina? I want Hilary Swank...with boxing gloves on.

I'll get on that meme soon.....

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got lost after reading #3.

11:53 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Oh god, yes, Celine - I so hope you get that power.

And I'm right there with you on your picks too...

2:57 PM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Angelina Jolie. Wow.

I agree Celine needs to go. So does Whitney Houston

2:36 AM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

down with Celine! is there anyone more annoying?
well maybe Brittney Spears...
The Neil and Crazy Horse tour would be on my list too.
oh to live on sugar mountain....

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Kurt Cobain makes more money than Elvis. Crazy isn't it.

I HATE both Celine Dion and Anne Geddes.

CreEpY for sure!

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.