metro mama

Friday, December 08, 2006

A Few Things

BP is home after ten (long) days away. We were worried about Cakes, but she barely batted an eye when he came home. She was happy to see him, but behaved no differently than when he’s away for a day. This gives us hope – we’re planning a trip to Paris and London in April and are – gasp - going to leave Cakes at home. We thought about taking her with us but her Grandparents offered to look after her and it’s too good an offer to refuse. They know her routine perfectly, she’s used to them, they’re willing to stay here, and take her to her usual drop-in. I think a short absence from us will be less hard on her than the time change and change in her routine. Plus, we really don’t think we could do the things we want to do, having Cakes with us.

Anyone gone on a trip sans babe? How long did you go? How did baby react? Would you do it again?

***
I love the food at this time of year. Clementines. The President’s Choice luxury biscuit assortment (the problem with these is BP and I like exactly the same biscuits-we always run out of the best ones first. I’ve had to institute a three-cookie-at-a-time rule to combat this problem).

***
Do you know you can buy frozen Ace bread now? It’s fucking fantastic. It comes in three mini loaves-you bake it from frozen and it is divine. I’m really happy about this.

***
Cakes’ hair has been doing this for the last few days:



***
Don’t forget to visit Mommy Blogs Toronto for holiday cheer!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

I am SO jealous you are going to Paris/London in April ... sounds awesome. The longest I have travelled without my son is 2 days ... isn't that bad!? Enjoy.

And yes to Clementines and those yummy biscuits. BUt I love em all so you can ship the ones you guys discard to me.

Frozen ACE BREAD?! Love it. Oh. My. God. That seriously made my day.

And cute hair

I had an awful lot to say about this it seems.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the first time i left emily she was 11 months. i had an anxiety attack for the week leading up to the trip and for at least the first day. i couldn't see how she could survive without me. no one knew her like i did. her schedule. her wants. her needs.

but...she was just fine. she was perfectly happy while i was away and was overjoyed to see me when i got back.

hey...what's ace bread?

love the hair! at least cakes has some! isabella still has NONE!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet mama curls, that is the cutest thing I've seen all day. Never have gone longer 12 hours without Bumper (sad but true) so no advice here, but damn that sounds like a great trip. And I hear you on the biscuits, always the same narly ones left after we are done with them.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Heh, love the curl!

I can't wait to hear about your trip in the Spring. We've been wanting to do that but I can't bring myself to leave my kid for that long. Yes, i'm a sad creature.

7:33 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

that's pretty darn awesome hair you got there, cakes.

as for the trip, sounds great, but we know we couldn't do it. yesterday i declined entering a contest to win a trip to tibet because it was only for two!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

A perfect curl!

We went on a four day trip this summer, when Q was 17 months old. He had a blast with his grandparents and we had a very relaxing time on our own. It's also wonderful to see how the kiddo is closer to my parents now and just looooves to play with them.

5:16 AM  
Blogger moplans said...

awww cutest hair

That trip is going to be amazing. We took our daughter with us but we didn't have the option you do. That sounds perfect. As for the amount of time I think it depends on the child. My child is off her routine if her dad is away one night. Cakes seems a little more adaptable.
I think you have to weigh your worry about leaving her with having the time to enjoy your trip.

And yeah those ACE baguettes are great.

8:32 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Wow, brave and lucky, that's what I have to say.

And yeah, clementines are my fave. They're like candy, but good for you!

Must check out th eAce bread, but was thinking of you when Misterpie got some lovely rosemary bread at the Weston outlet. Mmmmm.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

We'll be in London at the end of January as Monkeydad has a meeting to attend. No option to leave Monkeygirl with anyone so she is coming with us. I do have a close friend who we will stay with who has a daughter a few months older than Monkeygirl so that will make it a bit easier.

Soooo, how much Jane Austen-ing will you be doing???? Any side trips to Bath perchance?

7:51 AM  
Blogger metro mama said...

Ali: What! Ace makes those wonderful baguettes that come in the white wrap.

Mamalooper: I will be Bath-ing for sure! Wer're staying with a friend in London (another huge Austen fan). She and I will spend a day in Bath while BP does his boring naval museums.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That curl is great. Almost Dr. Suess-like.

The wife and I are going to France next year for nearly 3 weeks. We can't be away from our daughter for that long. I'd have nothing to write about.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a little girl, who had a little curl.... ;-)

Really, love the curl!

I'm not sure how MF would react if we left him for a week. We're trying to plan a trip for later this month, but he'll be going with us....

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hair!!

Haven't left the kids yet. No, wait...left the older one for 1 night when he was 8 months old.

He was fine.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.