metro mama

Saturday, January 13, 2007

More Diary Drama: First Kiss

My so-called well of blogging inspiration is a little dry right now, so I turned, again, to my amusing prepubescent diary entries.

Without further ado, here is the chronicle of my very first kiss (age 11):

March 25, 1984

Yesterday was my first kiss. It was at J.O.s party. The date was Sat. 24 March 1984. We were playing spin the bottle. I was the first one to get it. My partner was J. He took me in the house and we watched cartoons. After about five more turns, nobody had really done it yet so, on my next turn (when I got J again) we decided to really kiss and then everybody would. So we got David* (as a witness) and I shut my eyes real tight. I counted to five and Jamie kissed me on the cheek. He did it really quick but it had a sort of tingling feeling to it. But I was relieved to have it over.


*Yes, this is the same David I was in love with the previous year.

Though I didn’t record it, I vividly recall my first French kiss, a couple of years later. I was rather naïve when it happened and was horrified when the boy (actually he was a couple of years older than I) suddenly, surprisingly, disgustingly, stuck his tongue in my mouth. I never thought it would be something I come to enjoy (how things change).

Do you recall your first kiss?

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say about it right now is that it occurred SIX YEARS later than yours. I did write a blog post about mine, though, I think, a very long time ago.

11:29 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

I do remember.
the crazy thing is that I was in grade 7 and had a painted clown face on at the time..some sort of summer festival thing.
The guy was a neighbour & friend and has the same name as big daddy.
it's funny just thinking about it.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

picture it - 1987, jonathan's bar mitzvah party. we're all in the backyard of his parent's house. there's punch, there's twinkle lights, there's 50 13-year old's all decked out in their finest mid-80s fashions, 'if you leave' by omd is playing on the stereo... magical.
i knew jonathan liked me, and was about to ask me to go around. but i liked max, a hot little bastard that always got in trouble and could never be tamed. jonathan is kind of hanging around, too scared to make his move - and then, here comes max. he asks if he can talk to me for a minute. sure, i say. we go to the side of the house, and he says that he likes me, but that he doesn't think we can go around - he doesn't think he can handle a girlfriend, and besides, jonathan is his friend. but he likes me, and... he moves in closer. my first kiss.
i go around with jonathan anyway, but only for a little while, until scott tell me he likes me.

yep, that's how i rolled back then.
-karen

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, yes. i totally do. in the halls of my jr. high...my first love, Gabriel...reached over and laid one on me...and well, i was hooked on kissing ever since.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vaguely recall chasing a boy on the playground when I was five and spreading icky girl germs.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story is SO CUTE. Ahhh.

I was sitting on my neighbor's air conditioner outside many, many years ago. We were wondering what games to play next... And all of a sudden he kissed me really fast. I was very surprised and told him I had to go home. (I didn't think he was cute AT ALL.) And I pretty much stayed inside that whole spring and winter. Because everytime I came outside, he would too. It was like he was watching our house. And that really freaked me out. heehee. So there's my story.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first kiss was crappy. It was like a bubblebath on my face.

Blech.

4:39 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

yup I remember my first french kiss vividly as I was also horrified at the gross boy-tongue in my mouth
how things change.

6:03 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

first kiss? no idea. hmmm. then again, maybe it's a good thing! I'm finding myself relieved I never kept diareis as you and B&P unload yours slowly... I'd be too embarrassed.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first one left me wondering what all the fuss was about. Yuckly and saliva-y.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVED this! And I even think I know who J.O. is which makes it even MORE fun :)

My first kiss was not at 11 ... more like 3 or 4 years later ... guess I was a late bloomer. But then I ended up dating him for 2 years! And he was R.O.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I was about 13, and not too impressed by the whole thing. Rather blech, really.

6:30 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

oh my god. That entry in your diary sounded like Are You There God its Me Margaret....

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes. I think my first kiss would have been spin the bottle too. And I do also remember my first non-party-game kiss, and my first romantic kiss (I've written about that before -- the guy that was in the band.)

I suddenly have this urge to go and dig out my old journals again. Isn't it fun to look back upon the young girls we used to be?

3:15 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.