metro mama

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snapshots

Your proud, elated face as you conquer a new challenge.


The tender taste of your toes as I nibble them gently; the cool feel of your smooth soles against my cheek as I play peek-a-boo with your feet.


Your silken smooth locks, shiny between my fingers as I straighten them and let them curl up again, like stretching a spring.



Delighted peals of laughter as I exuberantly kiss your soft, warm belly.


You catching sight of me after an absence: the glee in your eyes, the happily impatient gestures of your arms, the melodic sound of excited babbling.



The comfortable weight of your body, moulded next to mine, as I carry you on my hip.


The way you fit perfectly in the crook of my arm as I read you a story, occasionally burying my nose in your damp, freshly washed hair, inhaling your fragrance.


Your little shoes on the doormat next to mine; your hand trustingly in mine as we cross the street; the way you look at your father, enchanted, while he reads your favourite books.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Mouse said...

You've captured these moments so well!

I was thinking just the other day that there's no feeling more wonderful than Scooter's hand slipping into mine.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. They do smell so good that I could just eat them up. These are the moments that I want to freeze.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Blog said...

Beautiful...artful post. I loved this. Thank you.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a bit of a baby shoe fetish, and I love looking at The Boy's tiny shoes next to our gigantic ones. Sometimes I feel like that mundane picture symbolizes just what was missing in our lives.

PS If "anonymous" really does know how to lose thigh fat fast...please let me know!

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful. i read this earlier today and had to come back again...those tiny things weigh so much. and in such a good way.

1:43 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Oh, I love those same things. How nice to capture them up to remember later. No wonder we moms get so sappy - they are just perfect, and then they change. sniff.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Julie that is perfect ... makes me really miss that stage.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY well written!
Sent shivers up my spine. I love to read posts like this one.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is a wonderful post. It sounds like you've captured her very essence perfectly.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way you fit perfectly in the crook of my arm as I read you a story, occasionally burying my nose in your damp, freshly washed hair, inhaling your fragrance.

Those are my favourite moments with Oliver. You captured it beautifully.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.