metro mama

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Buddy Juice

We’re home again after a fab summer weekend in Kingston. Cakes’ taste in food is even more refined after being spoiled by her grandparents. Why eat grapes when you can eat cherries? One night there were bacon-wrapped scallops and Cakes isn’t eating shellfish yet. So her lovely grandmother put a Babybel on a stick and wrapped it in bacon for her. I wanted to eat it. Nope, she’s not spoiled at all. I had to come home and cook up some Kraft dinner for her to keep it real.

She busted her mother: she grabbed an empty bottle of gin out of the recycle box and exclaimed, “buddy juice!” Thanks babe.

She changed so much in the five days I was in Chicago. When I returned home she had peed on the potty for the first time (I was planning to postpone training until she starts pre-school in the fall). She’s starting to talk more—even using four-word sentences. She is turning somersaults!



She’s really into the swimming now:




My MIL took charge and gave Dirty Simon a bath. It was really embarrassing. The water turned this disgusting colour of grey:



But now he smells so good. And he even has a few white-ish patches.

For our final night in Kingston we had a wine tasting. Cakes’ grandparents made sure she wasn’t left out:



She joined in on the toasts. She nibbled hors’ d’oeuvres. We all watched her, awestruck.

I don’t know who had the most fun.


Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

wow. you had an amazing time. i am so happy for all of you. save some wine for me.

6:35 PM  
Blogger cinnamon gurl said...

Sounds lovely! And great pics, especially the somersault.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

What a perfect, beautiful time.

7:32 PM  
Blogger motherbumper said...

High Five Cakes, buddy juice indeed (hee hee).

7:52 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

who can resist the good life?

8:29 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

OMG she is starting to look like such a little girl now, even since last time I saw her. And I looove her dress!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

How very grown up she looks holding the wine glass! Sounds like a fun weekend.

10:37 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

ah cakes.

that photo of simon water was truly revolting.

jeez I lurve her....

11:18 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

ah cakes.

that photo of simon water was truly revolting.

jeez I lurve her....

11:18 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

She's a cutie! I am LOL about Dirty Simon's bath...and, can't forget my congrats on the potty achievement! That's awesome.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

What a great vacation! And great pics - drinking from a proper wine glass? How sophisticated!

8:02 AM  
Blogger moplans said...

So cute!
Its a good life.
Why not wrap that mac and cheese in bacon for the princess?

11:58 AM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Sounds like a lovely time :) KD rocks! Keep keeping it real!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Look at the limestone! I miss Kingston.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm dying over Dirty Simon!

9:45 PM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

Don't you just love long weekends? We just had a perfect one here, too.

Loving the summertime!

(and that last photo? Way too cute!)

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous - she looks like my Princess Miranda (curls and all) except M.'s hair is chestnut. Sounds like you had a fab time - I have always liked Kingston.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.