metro mama

Monday, February 01, 2010

Reading Frenzy

Further to the post below, another reason I’m loving nursing: I have the perfect excuse to read for hours each day. I read a total of fourteen books in January! I’ve also been managing to blog pretty regularly over at Read, Play, Blog, so there are some new book recommendations over there is you’re so inclined. I’m also keeping a list on the sidebar over there of everything I read.

Before my nightstand pile gets low--do you have any recommendations for me?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Literalicious said...

Umm, yeah...Beatrice & Virgil by someone named...Yann Martel? :)

I have a galley tucked away for you!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about the ubiquitousness of technology in our daily lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes less expensive, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4 SDHC[/url] DS S3)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Itsadogslifestudio said...

Hello from its a dogs life studio dot com

Truly enjoy your blog!
Just read...
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
by Dave Eggers

Loved it.

http://www.itsadogslifestudio.com/

12:47 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

I just finished The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley and loved it. It's a mystery, which I would never have guessed going by the title.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.